Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Le Cachottier

There is a new Tapas/Bar that just opened last week in my hometown. They completely painted anew an ancien bistro that was on the Principal Street. It is a partnership of three people who decided to open the place. Le Cachottier's main trait is that the kitchen is an open one, with large counters surrounding it, so even cooks have the feeling of being with everyone. The food is all in small quantity so people can actually order one plate with alcohol to have a snack on the side, or order many to have a meal. The food is around $6-$9 and has a subtle particularity to it. While I see room for improvement in the plates, they definitely have a nice formula for the bar, one that did not exist in town before so I believe they can do well. They often use the mint yogurt dipping to go with the meal, that I especially enjoy.


Ceviche with chips

White fish and vegetable rolls with mint dipping

Lamb and sweet potatoes with apple sauce

French toasts with blueberries and maple syrup cream
 I really enjoy going there, and there is an aspect I particularly like, that is they have a large and comfy waiting area for people waiting to have seats where they can enjoy a drink meanwhile. In Asia there often are waiting areas or at least benches where customers can wait, but here it is very rare so I hope they keep it this way. People here are not used to that concept so I fear their complaints about the waste of space might make the owners change the place into a regular table, but well, I cannot do a thing about it, but brag about the awesomeness of a waiting area. I hate to have to find other things to do while waiting for tables to be free when I go somewhere.



0 comments:

Post a Comment