Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

NGLOW and Glenview....

I had written a lot about this subject, but as it got erased I realize that I haven't kept any update about work for a while...

It's been a month I think, since NGLOW decided to buy the school above ours to get more kids. Glenview Academy, that has Elementary schoolers, was having a hard time surviving, so my boss decided to buy the school (with the goal of getting new students more than helping out Glenview, obviously but wtv) so all of a sudden, we got 30 new kids and 2 new teachers. I finally got my own class (yay!) but the transition was super sloppy and thus, all of the teachers (both from our school and Glenview) got an intense workload without really having any kind of idea of what was going on....


I got 8 kids, then 9.

Then 5 more afterschool classes.

Oh well, Life happens. 


I was worrying about being bored. I am not anymore. 

I worked hard and now my classroom is the nicest in our school :)


The bad new that pissed me off when I was in Pusan was that the classroom I'd prepared during the past month and half for my students was to be given away to another teacher because my boss had agreed to the other class's mothers request, and I was to, on the same morning that all my new students were going to come downstairs to have class, make myself at home in an empty classroom and teach there that very day....

I got my boss to give me the morning to prepare and in the end it went okay.

It took me 2 weeks to tame my students (they were used to yelling, running and doing whatever they please, when it pleased them) but now I can say that I came to love them. I have 9 students. Korean age 7 (so 6) and it took me a while to get used to everything about them, from their little attitude to their physical appearances (I'd been with korean age5 (4 years old) that I came to love as my own, and my new kids appeared to be a bunch of little snots at the awkward in-between-age where you don't really find anything lovely in them). But now I love them.

Their short-comings. Their love for Pokemon. Their need for attention. 

Life is a serie of adaptation to many different things. They were one of them. 












*-*-*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*__*_**_*_*_**_*_*_**_*_*__*_





I love that I still have my Korean 6 (5 years old) after school program. I used to think they were my trouble class, and thought it tiring on the days I taught them, but now they are one of my easy class. That's to show how we grow fond of any kind of hardship, at least just as much as the amount of effort we put to make it work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment