Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

My Parents in Mokdong


Long time no see.

One of the things I've been looking forward to was to have my parents come to a baseball game. At that period of time, Nexen was mainly playing away games, so we only had one opportunity to watch one, but we got lucky: it was at home, in Mokdong.

I had been worried my parents would end up coming to Korea when the weather was anything but warm and welcoming, but we had extremely hot and sunny weather, what best, when seeking an alternative to the cool autumn they were walking through back in Canada. 


Sunday, September 22nd, 2013, the sun was hitting hard as we took off for Mokdong. I had my uniform. And we won. I don't want to sound too presumptuous, but EVERY SINGLE time I have worn my Nexen Uniform (yes, I need to Capitalize it), we have won. And yes, I am like a cheesy husband saying "WE will give birth in 2 months time". Nexen is a "we" for me. 

The game was crazy stressful.


It was the first of a sad set of games where we were let down by our best closer Son Seunglak. I know next to nothing about baseball, but my reading of the whole thing is that, Seunglak is so used to close quickly that when he loses it (as he did so many times at the end of the season and the after season) and lets a few player hit runs, he has lots of trouble dealing with the players on bases. 

Anyways. 

We HAD it, then he let the other team take it from us on the 9th inning or smtg, and we fought for it a few innings til we finally stole the game back.

I really wanted us to show my parents a winning game. And we got it so I was quite happy. If I think about it now, it was a cool game for a first. I remember my first game last spring we totally raped (sorry for the use of such a word) the other team and the game was almost sad (for the other team) and a bit boring (would've been if Nexen fans we not so amazing to hang out with).


I really like Korean cheerleaders. There is something cute and innocent about them, while still being kinda hot. I mean, put a Korean cheerleader besides the half naked American ones, and Korean cheerleaders look like innocent schoolgirls. Or American ones looks like whores. Your pick. 



I like that their skirts are so high we don't even see their belly buttons. I did see a belly button once, as they were dancing and remember thinking oh man she's slutty (oh Korea, what are you doing to my standards of sluttiness).

Anyways. 

My dad had a nice camera, so I wanted him to take at least a couple of pictures of the cheerleaders, because I can never get nice pictures, since I only use my phone when I go around. Cameras are so heavy....


So after the game started, I tell my dad

- Dad, aren't our cheerleaders super cute? :)
- Yes, you are right.
- Don't forget to take a couple of pictures of them okay?
- On no worries, I have taken a couple.

He took around 160 pictures.

68 of them were cheerleaders.

I mean, I can't blame him, watching a game of baseball live is amazing in Korea, what's with the cheering teams, songs and dances. But on pictures, there is not much to capture. There's the field. With different light as the day turns into night, I suppose, there are the people with whom you go watch. 

And there is the cheering team.




 I only took a few I liked that turned out nice. And here is the ONLY picture in which the cheer master shows up.


I didn't have to worry about him taking pictures of the girls. Now I know I should've told him I found the cheer master cute, and that he should take some pictures of him too... Man always forgetting the important details....




0 comments:

Post a Comment