Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

경복궁

For the Chinese New Year I bought a Traditional Korean costume and had meant to wear it to go to a friend's place and spend Seol Nal (New Year) like Korean people do it, but in the end, my friend's family did not do anything special so I ended up staying home and resting.

I then planned, on Monday, to go to Gyeongbok Goong (Palace in Seoul) and have a friend take pictures of my in the Hanbok (traditional Korean costume). I brought my costume and was ready to change clothes over there, but the train was late and my friend got there half an hour after me, and the wind and cold (but sunny) weather had gotten the best intentions out of me: I had to face it, I was wayyyyy too cold to change clothes and take pictures outside. The ground was all muddy because of the melting snow in the sand and I was afraid I'd get the dress dirty so that did not help. Some people entered wearing their Hanbok and I was really jealous though. It was really pretty to go around the palace and we even found a couple of warm rooms with the traditional floor heated with hot coals and went there to warm up. 









I will go back to Gyeongbok Goong this coming Spring and then, I will definitely take pictures wearing my Hanbok. I can't wait~~ I really like the look of Hanboks, they look like flowers ^3^ 

Here are some pictures anyways, of the palace~~



Yes, yes, yes, I am in my bathroom. At the time I was still hesitating
whether I should go to the palace wearing the Hanbok or just bring
it in a bag with me. While I ended up choosing the latter, I still wonder
if I shouldn't have just gone wearing them anyways... I think a long silk
dress with underskit and pants might have been warmer than the clothes
I was wearing to go there.... I'll never know...





You can see the muddy water-sand groung well here


I really like the roof of the castle, It looks really nice







Isn't she a cutie-pie????? Her nose was all red from the cold...





My friend and I took pictures in the warm room :) one of the only
place I was not dying cold.... I still caught a bad cold from that visit
and am still not rid of it but the sight was worth going anyways...


In a Pasta restaurant after the palace visit~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment