Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Rosemary in Korea : Busan part two

Taejongdae 


After the Culture village, we went to Taejongdae. I had been there before with Heather and crew so I knew what was waiting for us, but it had been fun and the food had been amazing so it was really not a bother to try it once more. The ride in the forest was less tiring this time (we had been walking up and down hills all day long in the Culture Village so there was no way we'd want to walk up to that observatory anyways) because we took the mini-train up and down the hills :) That made it different from the previous time too.



Then, we went for food. We went to the restaurant at the very end of the road full of food places. All of them have legit fresh seafood so I doubt it makes a difference which one you choose in the end. However, for the view, I strongly suggest the last one on the way, and it seems to be the most popular I've seen because it's always full. When in doubt, look at the place that has the most people that speak the dialect: they live there, they know their stuff. We paid CAD$60 total for 3 people, S***ton of mussels, shrimps and amazing scallops. To be honest, I never liked the look of scallops. They are weirdly cylindrical and I never understood where they came from. Till that day. Now I know they come from a shell and that when they are fresh, they friggin melt in your mouth.







After eating amazing food and watching the sun set slowly over the sea, we went back to our hostel and ordered jjogbal (pigfoot) to eat on the rooftop with beer and soju. Rosemary and Dongyeop stayed longer than me: I went to sleep early and didn't eat much, I was tired and knew we would have to get up early the next day cuz Rosemary wanted to get some sand from the beach and we had to take the 9h15 KTX to Gyeongju :P



Sunday morning at the beach... Man there were soooooo many parasols I never saw something like this before. But then, even at 8h30, the temperature by the sea was so intense that only weirdos who desperately need a tan would want to stay in the sun (...yah, actually that includes a lot of people but wtv :P I am not a tan fan. unless it's a tan people get naturally from doing outdoor sports...)







In the end we felt pressured by time and took a cab ride to Busan station: that allowed me to take nice pictures of the skyscrapers as we crossed the huge white bridge.








0 comments:

Post a Comment