Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Rosemary in Korea : First weekend

July 5th, Rosemary,  a friend from university, came to Korea to visit. She stayed at my place 3 weeks, and in those three weeks, I don't know how I survived, but I probably did more than I did in the 6 months I have spent in Korea. It was amazing in that, during weekdays when I worked, she had the time to chill and take it easy, and plan what she wanted to do at night, and I mostly just followed her and acted as a friend/sister/translator. She had her ups and downs, loving and hating Korea at the same time, but I think the experience on the whole was pretty positive for her.




On the very first night she got to Korea we went to Hongdae and got completely wasted, danced til 4AM. Was the only really crazy drinking night we had, but it started the trip with a boom.

The next day, we went to a baseball game :) I'd wanted to go the whole weekend, as they were having three home-games in a row, but I doubted that she'd enjoy watching baseball the whole weekend. We thus saw the Sunday game, and had the chance to have Nexen completely sweep the sh** out of the other team :) I think we won 11/4 or something. It was such an uneven game that it was not even stressful, if I am allowed to complain about that....







To celebrate Nexen's victory, we went for some Korean stew and got to try some weird intestine stuff... that was actually really good. Sad I forgot to take pictures. But you will see that I am nowhere near to be in need of pictures if you keep reading the coming blog entries....

Then, I needed to go to the bathroom... 


Saw the men's toilet. Turned away....


Saw the lad's toilet and turned aw... wait a minute.... WTF? I know Koreans like their lads feminine but.... maybe that's intense. Where to go now? :P



 More to come.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment