Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

Goguan Take 3

Do you ever get bored of getting to that place and take pictures?

Does it look like I am anywhere near getting bored of it? Because that's never happening, sorry ^3^

So here, the other thing we did that day in Insadong, was going to my lovely Goguan to take pictures with my parents. I love that studio because they have a really large collection of outfits, they take the time to make everything nice, and even fix your hair and makeup. 

I like that we have the opportunity to take our own pictures apart from the professional picture taking in the studio part of the store with our own cameras. 

I remember that when I started to watch Korean dramas I found that the costumes looked a bit weird. As much as I love them all in all their weirdness, I can imagine that my parents might think that the costumes look weird and would not want to take pictures in them. But when my brother went to the States for 2 months, they took studio pictures in costumes and as it had been a great success for them, I felt like there was something to be done with that.

My parents really don't look Asian at all. But I don't know why, my dad was the perfect fit for the Emperor costume. Being really tall already, he was reluctant to wear that costume, however, so he chose the captain of the guards uniform. I still stick to the idea that he was meant to be king. 

Fortunately, there was something nice that happened. Another Korean couple got in as my mother and I were changing, who wanted the same costume as my dad. They got to get it first (go ask why) so they got my dad to wear the king outfit first and told my parents to go take free pictures while we were waiting on my dad's other costume. 

So trick of fate made it so that I had my dad wear the king's costume. 



Aren't they adorable?

I was not there when they picked my mother's costume, so she just went with the one they picked for her, but I was a bit skeptical at their choice. I felt like the costume, fabric and pattern was too modern. It especially clashes with the very traditional look of my dad's king outfit (see the difference in the shades of gold and embroideries).


I must have watched too many dramas, but I feel like the clothes I chose gave the same kind of vibe as the clothes of Jang Ok Jung in The Moon that Embraces the Sun. Family picture <3







Meeting the Queen Mother :)))))



Why so serious?


I want to photoshop the back of mommy's head, her hair was too short to be tied, so it needs a little smoothing up, but I still think the picture was beautiful enough to keep it :)


Daddy smiled on this one! My dad smiles ALL the time, but he looks so serious in those pictures, I think I thought it would not fit a king to smile... eh eh







Those pictures have no effect of photoshop, so the light does not always make people look at their advantage, but as the official pictures were smoothen up like crazy, I feel like that's a refreshing change... 



Now here are the official studio pictures we got together, with my dad wearing the outfit he chose...








0 comments:

Post a Comment