Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Korea Seoul-Day 3

Namdaemoon Market

On our Seoul-Day 3, we started the day by going down to Namdaemoon Market, in search of silk pillowcases similar to the ones our guest house had. That would make a nice gift for people back home, a pretty but useful gift, like my mother likes them. Unfortunately we did not get to find what we were looking for. We learned later that most people just go buy fabric at Dongdaemoon and get it done by making specific orders. There was no way we'd be doing that in the short amount of time my parents were in Korea, so we gave up on the idea. Still, it was nice to walk around the crazy market under the heavy heat of the end of the summer.


Namsan Tower

Our second destination: Namsan Tower. I had been before, but I had taken the bus both times, so this time, we took the shuttle thingy... man how do we call that thing already? Anyways, that lil thingy moving on cables, that brings you to the top. My mom is afraid of heights, so she had a hard time, but travels are for going over your fears aren't they?









The locks of love. I have never seen so may locks. Makes me wonder how many of those couples are still together, and how many of them are married? I know some people come find their locks to break them when they break up. Such a pain in the ... if you ask my opinion. Try to find yours when there are so many....




There are many different kinds of love. Right now, the only valuable one for me is family. I'd love to come here with a date one day, but I'd have yet to meet a single man that is worth trusting. To be continued....


Paparazzi shots warning!









My parents in a cute couple spot. Can there be anything sweeter? Ok, they could have put a lock. But that was too much for them :P





 

Han Gang Walk

As we were on our way to the Namsan Tower, I called to make reservations at one of the most renown Korean restaurant serving traditional royal dishes, al including a dance show with traditional costumes and instruments.
My next blog will be about it, because there were too many pictures of the evening to simply add them here. That'd have made this blog entry too heavy...

The reservation was much later that evening, so we went to take a walk by the Han river, where there was a nice bicycle trail (we would have been better just renting bicycles, because the trail was never ending, and I literally killed my feet walking what was probably around 10 kilometers....) to kill time, in search of a spot that was nice to enjoy. 

While we didn't get to the place we wanted to go to (the place is much bigger than we expected), we discovered nice shadowy spaces where people could train and chill during the heat of summer.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment