Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Rouyn


Man it's been a long time.

It's almost sad that the last time I've written was when I saw the worst movie of 2014. The should totally not have been worth writing about cuz eh? Writing a review, even bad, is still publicity. Might entice people to actually go watch it to defy my warnings.

Did you go see it after reading that entry?

Yes?

Yah. Sorry man gotta believe me next time.


A lot has been going on lately. And then not that much. 


I have been busier and still had managed to blog about randies (randomness + goodies) meanwhile. But this time I just feel crazy tired by so much stuff.

By the way. The Pope is in Korea. Hi Pope :)


♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

So I went to Canada for a trip that lasted as long as hi I'm there. Bye see you next time.

I did get to get a glimpse of lots of people I hadn't met in a long time and saw my new born niece ♥ and my 5 years old princess when I visited my brother at the summer house they rented.


Me in my amazing backyard, chilling with a cucumber that my mom grew. And no it was not meant to sound dirty. :) I just love the food my parents grow in their gardens.


So on the 8th of September last year, I became a good friend's baby's godmother <3 and it was the first time I got to see her. It was brief but they had dressed her up in the Hanbok I sent her as a baby shower gift. She is sooooooo cute! But she is not going to be a girly girl if I'm ever right about gut feelings. She will be driving a F1 car. I have rarely seen a baby enjoy speedy baby cart racing and being turned upside down as she did. Doesn't she look like she's 2 years old? She's only 10 months old. I was so surprised when I saw her.

I mean it was not hard to be flabbergasted by the size of her after seeing my brother's 2nd daughter (guess who is the fairy godmother?) who was only 14 days out.


My flight took some 30 hours back and forth, plus 12 hours ride back and forth by car to my hometown. Thats more or less 45 hours if I include the flights layovers and delays.  So two full days of transportation.  And 4 days home. Not much. But enough for lots of hugs and love.


The only positive point about such a short trip is that I got to enjoy only the best of everything, and didn't do it long enough so I'd be unwilling to come back to work in Korea. My best friend came back from Montreal with me so I got to spend a lot of time with her. I had missed her a lot.


Me, rocking up the Nexen jersey in a French-Speaking 45,000 inhabitant town in Quebec.


Since it was not my first time in Asia, when I came to Korea I was not expecting such a big culture shock, and I was right. However, I was really surprised by the amount of small coffee shops, all looking tiny and neat, with each their own cuteness to them. 

All with free wifi.

I love Korea.

I was thinking how boring it would be when I'd get back to Quebec eventually, and get to have to restrict myself to a single coffee shop per town I visited...



But then again, life is never so stable as to never change, so back in Quebec for my quick vacation, we went through a city called Mont-Laurier, that is a city that basically lives off people taking the high way between region towns like mine and the metropolis, as it is situated right by it, and there it was, a coffee shop. A flower by the trash. A coffee shop by a dirty noisy highway. 


And not just a coffee shop. 



A nice one, that can probably make Korean coffee shops jealous. Wooden structures everywhere, coffee roasting machines in sight, chocolate covered coffee bean jars. And to add to the special, a place where you can paint on ceramic wares and figurines. In Korea, it'd be the perfect spot for couples to make couple samezies of cups and the like, in Quebec, I think it's more of a family thing. 


Still.


I was positively surprised. I should not look down on Quebec. It can do nice things out of nowhere :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment