Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

Hongdae Hair SOS - Ootchatsa

 The other week when I went to the exposition of My Love from Another Star, I kept two bitter souvenirs: 

The SBS photograph's exclamation of surprise as he asked. 

- What in hell is this? You got hurt? (looking at the still-healing injury covering my thigh) No worries we'll just photoshop it out. 

It was the first person to ever verbally comment on my injury, and also probably one of the only person I'd actually care if they did: He worked for SBS. I can't really blame him though, I had been sick the previous night and the morning, so my body was still in fighting mode and the result was that my scar was redder than usual.

The second thing he said was: 

- hm.... there's got to be something to do with that hair, as he tried to flatten the frizz all over the place. 

Then:

- Well nothing to do sorry about this...

My hair was in a very very bad state of hey we are splitting up everywhere because it's fun. So it was decided. I'd remedy to at least one of those two, the one that was humanely possible to remove quickly: hair frizz.

Angles. Angles are really important in taking a picture....

My friend in Mokdong had told me of this place where her friend worked where they did the Miracle Treatment, a hair treatment imported from Japan, that greatly improved hair. She was afraid it'd make my hair lack volume, as it usually helped flatten her too voluminous hair-mess, so she suggested I'd do a perm then do the treatment, so the curls would just be a natural looking wave. But I was skeptical about the perm. My hair was way too damaged to stand a perm. I haven't coloured or permed my hair since 2009, but I've been growing it since so I often wouldn't cut it for years at a time and the split end had finally come up til my ear level, making it super frizzy and ugly. 

So I opted to do the treatment and cut out the intensely damaged parts, then, if I want more volume, in 3ish months or so when I'll redo the treatment with the perm before.


 So in the end she curled my hair as I went out so I did not really get to see how volumeless or not my hair would be right away. Anyways. The treatment is amazing. My hair is soft and nice and - indeed - a bit volumess, but if I really bother I can always curl it. The plan is still to keep growing it anyways 


My friend and I met up in Hongdae where the hair salon was and walked around. We had plans for the evening so we just wasted some time walking around, and each got a $8 caricature made. It was really fun. 

Me derping drinking water. Waiting in line and
being taken picture of by my favorite papparazzi




So the appointment I had with my friend was to go to a TV show called Oottchatsa (people looking for a good laugh), a gag concert. We went with two of her friends, one I had met before, the other I hadn't. Knowing that Korean humor often is racist and childish I didn't expect to like it, but the skits were all really fun and I genuinely enjoyed most of the performances. 






Here are some picture of the show, but they are not really good quality material. Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment