Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

NESSHOME

I started making dolls last fall. I made 11 of them. When I think about it it's completely crazy. It sums up to lots of money as well. I don't know how many clients my teacher has, but it seems to be quite a viable employment worth thinking about. While I doubt it'd work anywhere in Canada, Korea seems to be a place where a lot of people like to make things with their own hands. They like stuff made in their country and they like buying stuff from it too. Quebecers who want independence have some to learn from this aspect of Korea. They love their culture their country and they show it with their choice in investments in every aspect of their lives.


I made dolls under my teacher's watchful eyes. While I don't even want to think of going to school again, learning to make stuff with my own hands I love. That was great, and she is amazing. I would totally recommend her to anyone. Tho. Maybe it'd help to speak Korean. Just saying.

Anyways. After my 11th, I started making plans to make my own. At that time it became clear that my school would close so I wouldn't be able to learn from her much longer, so I bought basic fabric from her and bought some wool for hair, of different color, and got most of the material to paint the faces. 

Except the Pigma Sakura 005 pen, brown. 

I could just not find it ANYWHERE. I asked friends to look, I called stores and made them call their furnishers. Nothing. There was just no way I'd find it. They had black, but not brown. I wanted brown.

So I kept an unfinished doll of my best friend, that I started last winter. 

Faceless.

And finally, this summer, a few weeks ago, I realized that I can set up my phone to buy things online with my Korean card and everything got settled. I found them. 

And ordered 10.


The store I got it from, NESSHOME, game me a piece of fabric with the delivery, a super cute picture. I am not sure of what I'll do with it, but as I know the worth of a cute piece of fabric I am pretty sure its time will come.


I still need to make a little chihuahua stuffed animal to go along with the doll because my best friend goes nowhere without it, but I am pretty happy to finally have finished the face.



0 comments:

Post a Comment