Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Namdaemoon Restaurant


A few weeks back I went around Namdaemun with an big sis who works around my workplace. She had a job interview in this restaurant/coffee shop near the area, where she had been recommended as manager. While the job was not what she expected and she didn't press on to have the job, the restaurant was a surprise. The street on which it was was just around Deokso palace where I had been a year ago with my parents, but has somehow always missed walking into. Full of coffee shops and small one-of-a-kind restaurants, it made me want to wander about in the area. I also found that there is an Art Museum and a Traditional Theatre Center there too. 

It was my first day trying to wear heels since my car accident and it was also the first day I hung out with my friend that she didn't wear heels. Bad timing. I was a giant, she was a tiny fairy. Oh well.


** Taking a 2 seconds to swear loudly in my apartment because we lost our second baseball game in a row playing SK - was watching as I was writing **


The restaurant where my friend had her interview was FILLED with all sort of different kind of china from cheap and pretty to expensive tea ware. They had this English tea collection overflowing with flowers that you get for $500 apiece - I always forget the brand, bad bad me - and tons of Wedgwood, including my favourite collection, the strawberries.


The food was really good. Portions that were not too big and the pizza made with a pâte feuilleté that made it feel like a desert honey gorgonzola cheese-pizza. They served the meals with a soup and a salad, and had decent choice of wine. My friend does not drink much wine so I just took a cup, but it was a good dry red like I like them.




As you can see, the light was not best for picture-taking, and I only realized too late I had done a good job of blurring that one. Oh well. The pasta was good, but to be completely honest I liked the pasta in Dongtan much better.



0 comments:

Post a Comment