Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Nexen Away Games (part 2)


So after Gwangju I went to Daejeon, where two beautiful games, in which we cut through Samsung smoothly like butter were waiting for me. I am glad I went. I took the train to go, the train back, and the game ended up early enough on Sunday for me to be back home around 1am to be ready for work on Monday. That was a great weekend.


That weekend, in Daegu, there was their international body painting festival. While there was a lot of body being painted but I didn't see nakedies. IMO the costume show was mor interesting than the naked people anyways. Took a couple pictures. I'm happy we got there at the time there was stuff to do in Daegu, otherwise I dunno what I'd have been doing. 












Apparently, Samsung's baseball field is the smallest one in the whole pro baseball league. It's ironic taken that a team with such a big sponsor has it for its home stadium. Oh well. I hear they will be changing stadiums in the end anyways so that might change. I really liked that stadium though, because we got to see our player form crazy up close without paying crazy ticket fees. It was a blissfull feeling to cheer on our players as they left the ground after the game, and have the see us from up close as well.



I spent the night at Inter-Burgo, the hotel where the players apparently stay at - though I haven't seen any - and while the place was nice, I found it funny that such an expensive hotel should not have a basic hair conditioner. The shampoo was for "hair and body" and that was it. Even Love Hotels in Korea have toothbrushes shampoo, conditioner, masks name it. There was a mini-pot on the roof though, which is ind of cool.

In the entrance there was this huge vase made of millions of tiny shells, a North-Korean piece of art, of which there is one there and one up North. There had apparently been a North-South Korean meeting at that hotel at some point in time and this piece of art was given to the hotel.


On the second day I went to Donhwasa, a temple on a mountain near downtown Daegu. It was really pretty. I was scared of Samsung, as they are the no1 team, and I felt like I needed to throw away the gred of wanting a second win, so I felt like a walk in the forst all afternoon could do me good. Throw away all your greed and life will be good to you. 

Well life was good to me that weekend.





As I walked along I started craving coffee. Then I thought about how, on those touristic spots, stuff is always overly expensive and not that good. I was thinking that if I were to open a coffee shop, I'd love to open  decent one on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere like this place, and surprise customers with amazing coffee and nice service.


And what do I not find?


Not only was the coffee amazing, the coffee shop was really nice. Nice furniture, a few different settings, an open terrace and a restaurant on the second floor. They roasted their own beans too. I fell in love with the place. Shame that I never go to Daegu.








Anyways, had a great time in Daegu, and a big part of it was thanks to Nexen. Keep aiming up. We can do it this year!




0 comments:

Post a Comment