Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

F * Story


There is something weird going on with Koreans and their understanding of connotations of certain letters of the alphabet. 

That can make things like F-Story Café happen.

I have yet to find out what the F is supposed to stand for in the imagination of the coffee-shop owner, but so far it's still a mystery. Why in heaven would someone call one of the cutest coffee shop I've seen "F-Story"?

Flour-Story?
Four-Story?
Flower-Story? (maybe)
Fine-Story?


They have a room in the garden patio space outside where people can have a meeting in the nice surrounding, and it's called the F-Room. 

THAT my friends is pushing it to the next level. Get your own private F-Room in our nice F-Cafe. Let the imagination do the rest. I love Korea.


Whatever the English looks like, the coffee shop is a work of art. It's got a super tiny entrance that one could fail to notice, and it leads to a cute bricked alley with trees and flowers. At the end of the alley there's a fenced patio with a small greenhouse-like-room that people can use as their tables. That is... if you are okay with passing through the huge - but sweet as honey - golden retriever they have there. 




The decoration feels like a little Europe kind of setting. Bunch of countryside stuff hung everywhere and mismatched tables. They have a menu written on the wall outside for people who eat there.




The coffee shop itself looks like a western style house. I can't decide what kind of European style it reminds me of. But it's lovely.


Inside is another story. The place is filled with antiques and glasswares from the depression - my parents love those so I happen to be acquainted with the style. And it feels like an old house, probably copied of old European houses but then, I get a bit of the same feeling I'd have visiting old Quebec houses when I get in there.  







They have their own restroom so another plus for F-Story. I love it when coffee shops have their own toilets, because they are cleaner, have soap and toilet paper. Yay for F-Story.





As for their coffee well. Can't have everything. I have been going there for coffee the two times I went so I don't know about the other drinks, but their coffee is so-so. My friend, who is a picky eater and coffee-drinker, gores there for their fresh juice and home-made deserts. I will have to try them some other time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment