Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

Lens Review and random goodies

The other day I read my friend's review on CandyLens when it comes to order circle lenses online and it convinced me to try getting some. I thus ordered from them some pink lenses. I had previously bought pink lenses, but had been a bit disappointed in the result in my eyes: while the lenses were confortable and of good quality, the color was really inappropriate to my facial features and skin color. The problem was that the outer circle was black. Black was contrasting way too much with the pink inside, and the pale color of my skin. Thus every time I'd wear them I'd have to put on extra make up and eyeliner to make sure the contrast was not too sharp. 

Initially I did not intend on getting pink lenses - since I remembered my previous bad choice - but browsing through the website I found one that did not seem to have a black circle around it. To be honest, I basically gambled: I buy it, if like it, good, if I don't, whatever. The picture on the website was not really clear either, and had some green shades inside, which I was not sure would look nice. 

I surely am really happy I bought those lenses, since they actually look very nice! I never got the chance to take good pictures where the color of the lenses turns out nicely, but I'll try to upload one later on in March...


The packaging was super cute, and they gave e a cute postcard as a thank <3


I wore them once for now, and I really like the feel of them, not irritating fir the eye, and I have very sensitive eyes.
Knowing they were going to give out free case for the lenses I was really looking forward to getting mine, and I was really happy I got the frog ones :) being pink lenses, I was afraid they'd end up giving me the pink pig, which was the one I loked least. Me picky? Never :)



I did not get to take a better picture than this one, being on my way to work when I took it so I apologize for the bad quality of the picture. However, I like the natural feel the color has mixed with my natural brown eye color. 



Being my birthday last Monday, I received some belated gifts from a girl I work with :) As I am going to Japan this weekend, she found it funny to get me a very old edition of a book about Tokyo at night, in a rare edition from a special bookstore here. She is the kind of person who always look in random stores and finds really unusual stuff, so I was really happy of the gift :) But more than that isn't the card she gave me just lovely? It almost matches perfectly my bedroom wallpaper :3
and lastly, but not the least, She got me some amazing chocolate. It is a dark chocolate with whole nuts stuck to it, and at the back, a mixture of caramel and ground nuts: BLISS. Oh how is it possible to love chocolate so much... she knows me well :)


the Moon that embraces the Sun Ep. 20
I started watching this drama a couple of weeks ago and I love it <3 It's got the same male actor as Dream High that I liked (so cute) and I really like the mood of the story, and the costumes make me dream.
I just can never get enough of traditional Korean costumes and silks. And I love the silk blankets. And the hair accessories. And the magic. And the legends, and traditions.
I recommend this drama, since, while it does have some very sad parts, on the whole it is not a drama that makes you cry all the time, which is rare for traditional dramas




So here I am ha ha ha. I have been trying to find online some of the hair accessories they have in the TV show, like the jade sticks that they use to hold their braids together, but never found any...
Two weeks ago I ordered some shoes and hair accessories however :3 aren't they precious? I got them today as I was coming back from my driving class (still not doing very good when it comes to that if you wonder, but eh? I am trying hard). I was surprised because I did not expect it before next month (on the website they asked for a 'date you wish to receive the package" and I wrote something like March 15, as I won't be there for the next few weeks. Happy I got to see them before I left :)

*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*~.-.~*


I mentioned the photoshoot I had with my friend last week, and I just got the pictures that they took back then. I will not upload them all, obviously, as there are too many, but here are some of my favorite. There are no modification on those, I kept them as they were - for the class, my friend did not have the right to add any modification on the shots, nor crop any of them, as the exercice was to play with the light and different lighting techniques.

 

I actually doubt they kept the shots with mister the frog, but I dunno, they were actually on of my favorites. 


this one I really liked it. I am very sad it ended up being blurred. So f"""k this, I put it up anyways, the hell with the fact it is blurred. I still love it :)


Candle shots!!! I mentioned how I like the warmth of the candlelight, and I still feel the same. I love the effect, and I love the warmth (as in, it was warm being my the candles...).

0 comments:

Post a Comment