Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Birthday and Valentine's Day







Funny how I always hated the fact that my birthday was right before Valentines day, and now I am making a blog with both of them as a title. the reason I never liked Valentines' Day at all was mostly because, as a kid, I would often get those cheap chocolate they sell for valentines' day as birthday present: I hate cheap chocolate. At least, if they could get me good quality ones, I would not mind so much... 
Later on, I hated Valentines' day because people would not come up for my birthday since they had a date the next day. Three years ago I hated Valentine's day because the guy I liked called me on my birthday to help him choose flowers and gifts for his girfriend for Valentines' day... and I went. So yeah, I had two Valentines' day with a guy in my life. The first one, I was the one who bought flowers and made something special (was a good valentines' day on the whole, even if it sounds bitter here), the second, the weather was like -10000000 degrees, so we were freezing the whole time.

Anyways... this was my introduction...

The other day my friend had to do a photoshoot for an art class of hers, and I was her model :P she had to take 5 different shots with different lighting. It took us an afternoon, but a couple of nice pictures seem to have come out of the lot. I especially like the shots taken with candlelight. It looks so warm - especially as I know that the local we used to do the shoot had actually no heating, and we were literally freezing during the entire time... so yup, candlelight was sweet, I got close to the fire for a while. Anyways, I took two pictures with my iPhone while waiting between shots, you can see on the first picture, one of the light spot they used in the mirror. 



It was my birthday this Monday 13th, and my family and I had a dinner together, along with YJ oppa who came from Montreal to spend my birthday together <3 That was so sweet of him. We had especially cold and humid weather those days (including a -30 the day right before he arrived) and some 3 feet of snow piled up so he got a good glimpse of Rouyn-Noranda winter. Too bad today was so warm (around 1 degree) everything is pretty much melting away. Sad Sad Truth of the global warming. Winter is fucked up. Gets warm and cold all over the season.

Anyways, for my birthday thus, I got two cakes! YJ oppa brought me one, and my sister and her baby kid made me one. Both were chocolate cakes. I love chocolate <3 The cake my sister made was a princess' dress with frills and flowers. So pretty!!! <3




Finally, yesterday, a Tuesday, Valentine's Day, was crazy at work. We were running like crazy all evening for there were so many customers! It felt just like a very busy Saturday! We had a special lover's menu, a four service including a box of homemade chocolates and a beautiful rose for the lady. I really loved the setting of the restaurant with hearts and couples everywhere. While I couldn't care less about my own love affairs - being alone is such a bliss right now - I love looking at others being all stupidly in love: especially when there are hearts chocolates and flowers everywhere!
Had fun on the restaurant board....


Red roses look so gorgeous: I love the reflection of the heart shaped candle on the table

D gave me a flower bouquet for my birthday as well <3 It's
really really pretty :) I like the look of all the flowers together. 
I went to La Ressourcerie with my mother today while practicing driving, and I found a glass with strawberries and strawberry flowers! Oh how I love strawberries <3 Thing is, I love the glass also because it reminds me of the japanese manga/anime/movie NaNa. I love this anime. I love the second movie too :) (the first was not as good)



0 comments:

Post a Comment