Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Cath Kidston Goodies!

I think all in all, I have been ordering some 4 times from Cath Kidston this last few months. Always have been really pleased with my purchases so I thought of doing a more throughout review of their services, at least when it comes to Canadian buyers - no clue whether if it is any better or worse from somewhere else...I only know that lucky english get the shipping for free for purchases over 50 pounds.

Up so far I know that their bags, the ones that are "plastified" are actually really well made and practical, with strong handles and pockets. While I like open bags (with no zippers), they also have a very large variety of bags that actually zip up. Also, while I am way too into flower patterns, they also have very lovely dot patterns in colors that can usually match up pretty much all clothes and shoes for those who care about that. 

I was really disappointed, however, with their iPhone 4 phone case. While they have long lasting material for their bags and goodies, the painted pattern on the iPhone case I bought from them chipped super easily (am I am someone who takes really good care of my things, so usually they last very long). It cost some 20 pounds too, so yeah. I was quite disappointed. When it comes for iPhone cases, I would rather strongly recommend ithrough.com, they have much more choice, much cheaper, and the case I bought from them still looks brand new and I have been quite rough on it (I think it is the remain of bitterness from my Cath Kidston case that made me be so mean with it... anyways...).

Another last thing about Cath Kidston, that needs to be remembered is that on top of paying delivery fees, one needs to pay for customs, and the price goes up proportionally with the price of the stuff you buy. My best advice when shopping on this website, is then to look through all the stuff and get the most you can for the cheapest price. Never forget that the price is in pound too... makes a difference on the wallet when one does not keep that in mind ^____^ 

A good point however is the speed of delivery. For example, I ordered my stuff last Friday, and did not expect to get it so soon but I had it delivered by UPS at my place on Tuesday night. Best keep in mind the custom fees are to be paid by credit cards upon receiving the parcel.


For my birthday my mother wanted to give me bags to put up my needle work and equipment but did not find anything that pretty, so she had me order stuff from Cath Kidston. As I knew I'd have to pay customs, I decided to get other stuff I wanted as well. I really had to refrain from buying more stuff ha ha, they have a nice new collection of day bags that have a very nice white and pink floral pattern that I really liked. In the end, I got three thing: a pink two fold toiletry bag (in case I would receive it before I leave for Japan... see, I still hoped I'd get it before I leave, see my trust in the delivery system....); a needle and craft box and a knitting material bag. I must admit that the latter, I had expected to be longer. That is the thing, they don't have the size in cm on the website, so you can only guess the size of things through the name and description they give of it. However, I found out that the bag will be perfect for me when I go knitting out of my house, like in coffee shops and the like, which is wonderful.




I already started to put away all my things in the new bags I bought. Having a complete day off work is nice sometimes. I had a lot of fun cleaning the things around me. I want to get a facial mask tonight, I hope I'll take the time to: people never really take enough time for themselves... I try not to be one of them. Going to Japan for two weeks is one of my steps toward it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment