Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Happy Belated Easter!!


Happy Easter! Easter is a family celebration in Canada - I say that cuz I don't actually know much about other countrie's Easter LOL So spending time with my family took the first priority, thus explaining why I write my Easter blog a bit late.

Actually I lied.


I do know of other countries' Easter celebrations. 


In 1999-2000, we had an exchange student from Germany who stayed at our house for a year with the student exchange program ASSE. At the time I had just gotten in Junior High first grade, so she was like a big sister to me. She was more of the age of my older brothers so she got very close to them and their friends. A very bright and open-minded girl. She is the first person who made me realize that I really HAD to do a student exchange myself. So in fact, the first place I had wanted to do a student exchange to was Germany. This is how good an impression she made on me.

In time I ended up choosing Japan, but well, that is another story. 

Now let us get back to the point.

The year after she went back to Germany, we went to visit her and her family in Germany, both of my parents and I, and it was around Easter time. There, we had a glimpse of the German way of Easter. Germany is really a pretty country in Spring. While it is not particularily warm, it is sunny and very green. The grass is green and tons of bulbs like tulips and the like grow in the grass, at random spots (more or less one every m3) so it makes everything colourful and bright.

In the trees, they all hang tons of plastic eggs and do the same in the indoor plants' branches. Because of the cold weather, in Canada we do our chocolate egg chasing inside, but in Germany they do it outside: they do it with real egg shells, chocolates, or really big decorative eggs (there is a castle somewhere in Germany where people go hide beautifully decorated eggs the size of a small melon; I don't really remember how it worked though, did they hide their eggs and get any other one, for the next year? Did they exchange them for Chocolate eggs, trying to find as much as they can? I relaly need to ask out my mommy to see what was the exact story....bothers me that I was so young at the time...I forget everything...).
Germans also gather together with traditional food they eat with all the family, and some with the extended family.

I love Easter. I love Chocolate.


I had not been doing anything with my nails lately, for I think I have a bad quality polish that put them in a really bad shape last fall, and was waiting for them to get back top shape but at last, here is a happy easter nail <3 Nail polish by ESSIE, "navigate her", new green of the spring.



Wearing clothes I got from Japan. 2012's Spring colors: mint green, salmon pink and beige. I'm so happy they have mint green stuff. Always loved this color but they never sold it anywhere, always a shade to green or too dark. Nut yes, 2012 is a happy time.

Camera whoring <3
Woke up yesterday to go help my friend with another photoshoot for her university work and dressed up in "Spring" colors, but in the end, the weather was so cold I ended up changing completely of outfit, which you'll see when I get the pictures of the shooting. Shame. At least I had taken pictures beforehand, which I usually never do.


Today I recieved the parcel my brother and I sent ourselves because we had too much stuff to bring back in the suitcases. Japanese post is amazing. Fast. Safe. I love Japan. So picture of the day's "coordinate" just because I feel like it :) no make up, no judging.


0 comments:

Post a Comment