Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

April 15, 2013 South Korea: Still Just Fine...


NGLOW : Day to Day...

I am in South Korea. We are in April 2013 and North Korea is multiplying threats as if it were christian bread... but I live a very smooth day to day life, getting lots of love from small kids, and giving them just as much. 


I still do not have my own class yet, I am the assistant teacher of a very sweet Korean lady called Elly and I learn a lot everyday. She has been teaching for some 10ish years so I know I can learn a lot from her. There are 6 kids in her class, all four years old little darlings. While I have a lot of work and a lot of prep for the things I need to teach them, I often have a lot of time on my hands between 4 and 6 (as there are no classes right now in this time period) and I use it to make the classroom pretty and put the kid's crafts and stuff on the walls in interesting ways. I have always loved making things pretty so I love doing this. On the side, I am also preparing some material - calendar, seasons flash cards etc - to put in my own classroom when we open the 6 years old class I will be teaching to.





Last week I was stuck with food poisoning and couldn't get out to work on Thursday, having to spend the day in the bathroom, and ironically, this week, the other foreign teacher in NGLOW, Stormy, was also sick and had to stay home for the day. I wonder what will happen next Thursday... are our Thursdays cursed? Oh well...

Because she weren't able to come to school, I had to teach her classes - she has the 5 years old class - but I was lucky because all in all, it was quite an easy day, and all the kids were especially good. I had to make them do some "English Art" for an hour an half and the theme was "rainbow" so I got them to shred some paper of different colours (because that takes more time :P ) and glue them in the rainbow they had previously drawn in their craft books. Then they used crayons to make the sky blue and we stuck some clouds on each side :) Here is Chloe's rainbow. That kid is so cute. She has suuuuch a tiny face it's crazy! >.<


Elly Teacher with Chris, the last kid who enrolled in our class

Eileen fishing letters of the alphabet

Chris who got his first sticker! - under Eileen's watchful
eyes. Those two like each other they are adorable <3 <3

Donkey's tail game <3

Gym class

Friday Night: NGLOW dinner

Last Friday we went out for a "business dinner" with the people of NGLOW. I love those dinner, because we always eat an insane quantity of amazing food - that I would not be able to afford by myself - and on top of getting to know co-workers, we don't pay a thing <3

People at my new job are, for the main part, much older than me and have their own families, so we don't really have much in common or that many common interest, but they are really nice people to hang out with and it is a good practice for my Korean listening skills.






0 comments:

Post a Comment