Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Busan - Heather's Birthday

I will start off by apologizing.




I appear to have neglected my blog for a long time, so I will try to bring myself up to date. If I may say anything for myself, I actually haven't completely neglected this blog: I had written a 10 pages long entry over a few weeks, and when I decided to post it, it never ended up online, and I lost everything. Didn't really feel like writing after having lost this much time. It was a long entry on Korea, from last August, to now, with a brief story for each months that went by. 

The other day I was telling a friend that when writing a blog entry, you have to keep a good picture/text ratio, and never make it too long, if you want to keep people reading. Serves me right not to have followed my own advice. This just adds up one more reason to keep my entries short: if you lose it, you won't feel like throwing your computer off the 9th floor of your building (which I did NOT do... but you know. not that I didn't feel like it).

*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_*-_-*+*-_

It had been our plan since a while ago, to go to Pusan for Heather's birthday. Who was going didn't matter, we just thought that'd be a nice place to hang out and visit. I think we made the reservations like a week before, and in the end 4 of us ended up going. We realized that 4 people is a magical number, as it's cheaper and more practical for cab rides, and just enough to be silly and fun. Not that I will always restrict the number to 4, but anyways, that was an amazing trip. Save a stupid phone call form my boss, screwing the end of my Saturday night, it went without any problem. The weather was perfect and not too hot, but sunny. Wen got to go to the beach, visit an aquarium, try some bars and visit a temple on the way. Pretty amazing if you ask me, as we only had one day and half :)

Amy booked a super nice guest house in the middle of the bar/cafe district, 2 minutes walk from the beach.


4 hours train ride. We rocked it.





Because Pusan has it's own brand of soju that tastes like water. Amazing.


Haeundae Beach!

Our amazing guest house!


On Saturday night, we went to a European Tapas place, that got us amazingness in small portions. Had a beer with the mix. Drinks were really expensive, but the food was really good so in the end, whatever, I was happy. Let us not forget that this was before my boss called to ruin my evening. Bitter, me? Naaaaaah.




Next morning, I woke up a few hours before the 3 others did (because I had been too pissed to go out, afraid I'd be a party pooper, or drink too much since I was pissed, and make it awkward) so I made myself some cuteness to eat for breakfast. Have to thank my brother for the volcano egg recipe, and Japan for the strawberry jam drawing ( I actually got the idea from those Japanese Maid coffee places, so it's almost embarrassing to mention. Pride? What is that?).



We went to a temple by the sea on the second day (yup, it's a temple. And no, don't ask me the name, I don't know. Ask Heather. She'd know)


Here is me, posing beside my Chinese sign. Not realizing that it says that this year,
disaster will happen.... Whatever, I went through it a few times already....







On the way back, we passed by this amazing coffee shop with fake grass and garden benches. Oh, and flowers. And pinwheels. And teddy bears? What could we ask? Amazing coffee? Yup. Amazing coffee we had. Life was good.



Heather and I wanted to see the aquarium and Amy/C.J. wanted to relax at the beach so we let them have their moment while we had ours under the sea ;)









0 comments:

Post a Comment