Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Yeoido Park: After the Flowers





When I bought my hanbok, I had wanted to wear it to got to Gyeongbok Goong and take pictures. As it was, the weather was so cold and humid than just the thought of changing clothes there was ridiculous. I caught a cold just by visiting the place and hanging out downtown with my friend. 

I then planned on going to the palace when spring came, with the nice weather and cherry trees blooming everywhere. I was told that in the spring it was better to go to Yeoido to take pictures, because the trees there are much prettier than just going to the palace. That didn't happen either. I was either busy or go stuck with rainy weather that was not tempting for a Hanbok-wearing-outing. 

I however went to Yeoido with a friend from Sanbon. The weather was beautiful out, almost too hot, but not quite. some 22 degrees if I remember correctly. The place didn't really have a lot of cherry flowers left but the air was great and the place was not actually too crowded. I enjoyed myself very much and was really happy with our choice. We had previously been in downtown Seoul for an afternoon  snack and hang out with the people of her church and on the spur of the moment just decided we should go to Yeoido. After a long bus ride we were there.



In Yeoido we basically just sat down on blankets and chilled. Just exist. For a while. And not care about anything else. Those kind of days are food for the soul. 

The only thing remaining now, apart from the calm soothing memory of the nice air and weather, is the huge amount of random pictures we took on that day. Here are a couple...


























0 comments:

Post a Comment