Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Korean Jackets/Coats

While I'm at it I'll just let myself go to a fashion blog. Why not?

I haven't blogged about fashion in so long, and over the last few months I've spent in Korea I have bought a couple of nice pieces of clothing, some by necessity, other - most of them - for sheer pleasure.



I bought this yellow jacket with Monica in MyeongDong. She dealt it off for me and it's one of the jackets I bought that I am the most satisfied with. It allows me to wear long skirts without looking awkward because it is quite short, the color is nice and matches with a lot of my outfits, and it is doubled so I can wear it when it gets chilly outside.


I bought this jacket/spring coat a time I was a bit depressed, had no money and thus, shouldn't have been shopping. At first, I regretted buying it because I thought I had no use for one more jacket, but with the weird springy humid weather, it proved to be exactly what I needed: my winter coats being too hot with the weather, and my jackets being too cold or too short to wear with most of my outfits. It doesn't look that nice on the hanger, but it has a nice skirt-like back side and there is a nice mix of material and style. I love the cut.


You probably saw this one before, it's the very first thing I bought in Korea. When I just got here, I had a sleeveless very ample coat with a hoodie that I had brought from Canada, but winter was much colder than I expected so I found myself freezing when I went out. I decided to get a warm coat with sleeves. And I found this orange one. I was always told that orange did not fit anyone. 

They were wrong. 

I love this color on me. and I am really happy with this coat. It was the first of a long serie of random orange stuff I bought in Korea. It has a detachable fur collar that is not on the picture (lazy me).

By an unfortunate turn of event (Korean new year) I got this coat dirty and gross and was to sick to bother when I wanted to clean it and put it in the washing machine. Result: it looks all wrinkled now and I am sad T__T


BLUE. Not only is this jacket blue, it is an intense blue. I have only worn pale baby colors in the last years and as I got here, I got this crazy craving for intense colors. I actually like the look they have on me. Love the cut of this jacket.


Got this jacket in the first weeks I've been to Korea, and this one has the look of many jackets I have a home. I bought it anyways because it was really pretty with the beige dress I bought at the same time. Thought it might have been a bad bought, but in the end, with the chilly spring we had I wore it as a coat many times with a light scarf (it is much warmer than the regular sweaters I had brought here).


The last jacket I got here. I am literally in love with it. The mix of color is amazing and the cut beautiful. I love the look it has with stripes. I got that one in a small store near my workplace in Dongtan. 




Have a Good Day ~~ <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment