Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

Emergency Couple

...yah. For people back home that read this title and got their hopes up, nope, I am not in couple. Men will always be the only mystery that I will never be able to solve. And for now, it's okay like that. 

Emergency Couple is a drama going on right now, that I like a lot (it's getting completely overshadowed by another TV show, You Who Came from a Star - starring Kim SooHyun - but as that show will end next week we'll have EC see the end of the tunnel soon) and I have been watching with Miss N. these past weeks. 

As I was watching episode 7 I kept getting annoyed: there was this song, I don't know why, that I was sure I had heard before. Not the typical pop song, more like an Indie song. But I don't really listen to indie bands so I was confused. Where could I have heard it? The mystery was complete, but I kept being buggered by the fact that I was sure I was supposed to know where I heard it. A long time ago. 




And then the realization dawned upon me....


FLASH BACK.


Last spring a friend of a friend, in an indie band in Korea called FROM THE AIRPORT, asked me if I could help them. They needed someone to do narration in one of their songs. I told them I'd be glad, but I was afraid they would not like my accent - because I have my own way of saying things, that is neither French, Canadian, American or English. 

It was on a weekday, so it had to be a simple back and forth, as it was kinda far. Their studio is in Hapjung ( near Hongdae ) so it's about an hour and half from Dongtan. 
I got there and we ate - yayy yummy free food - and went to the studio. The recording itself didn't take long. We looked at the fake news articles I was supposed to read, to see if there were any words that would make it awkward to pronounce in a news anchor voice, fixed a few sentences and that was it. I think I read it like 3 times and they really liked it. I was happy they liked it. I liked the guitar solo just before my part.

BACK TO NOW...

It's the guitar solo that got me. The song I narrated on was in a FREAKING KOREAN DRAMA :) (I start speaking around 2:03min, it's a very short part).


I had been sick for a week and kept having stomach pain in weird times throughout the day, but realizing that it was that song, I didn't care anymore. I kept smiling.

I replayed the part over and over.

But sadly. My glorious moment will probably only be known by me. As soon as I start speaking my part, the main female lead starts talking and we can barely hear me, unless you know and you try to hear it. As I did. 

Still. 


I have always been a happy background music for people around me (nickname my mom gave me as a kid, cuz I'd never stop talking, and when they'd tell me to shut it, I'd just keep saying what I had to say, but I'd sing it).

Anyways, I'm super happy they got their songs in a drama ^3^

0 comments:

Post a Comment