Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

Deoksoo Palace


My coworker has been in Korea for a year, and it's only in her last week that she decided to actually try to visit some typical touristy spots with her former coworker. She invited me to tag along so we strolled around Insadong, visited Deoksoo palace and walked around Bukchon/Samcheong dong. Nice weather and fun company, it was a great day.

I've been sick all week and my stomach still feels weird so that has been a minor inconvenience, but all in all it was a great day, and I came back quite early to relax at home and take it easy.



I blame my architect father, but when I visit palaces now, I always take a look at the structures and how things are made and put together. I have seen so many palaces and temples now, that just the outside beauty of it isn't enough anymore, I have to look a bit more though everything. 

I really love the way palace's doors are engineered, with levers allowing people to put them completely out of the way when hot summer days dawns on Korea.



Miss N. derping...


Doors, again. In colour this time, for a change.






I finally got my coworker to put a hanbok on. I knew she'd be pretty in it <3 They let us try them on for free at the front of the palace, to take pictures. I tried one on as well, but hanbok really are not meant to be worn with hair down. There's something dishevelled about that look.... oh well, I do have better pictures of me in a hanbok so let's settle for that :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment