Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Saturday Outing


Last Saturday I went to meet up with an older sis I hadn't met in ages. I had met her back when I was studying in Montreal, as she was there for work herself.  She was all pimped up because she had a wedding to attend that night. So pretty <3

I had had my stomach messed up for the past week because of - most probably - a bad marriage between an empty stomach, a cold and tylenol. For this reason, we went for a nice japanese style soup in Myeongdong and ended it with a waffle and hot water (coffee for her) and walked around all afternoon. The weather is so nice lately it was great being outside... if we take out the fact that the sky was really grey and dirty, because in the spring, polluted smog apparently comes down from China and messes up with the Korean air... I was skeptical last year when Koreans told me that, but wherever it's coming from, the air is in fact, not as nice as usual. 


After we left, I looked around to find a LOTTE department store, because I need to get concealer and eye shadow before I run out of it. I found one, but sadly, there wasn't the usual floor with cosmetics, they were all legit big brand name stores ( LV, Chanel, Hermes etc.). My bad, I guess I'll get my stuff another day. I was getting a headache from lack of caffeine (stupid stomach) and decided on going back home. Timing hadn't been really good that day and I didn't want to push it until my headache turned into a migraine.

Here is what I found memorable on my trip to Myeongdong.

Usually, when you go to those expensive stores, they are huge well lit places with employees looking great in their uniform, putting pressure on you to be like, just as cool as them. 
Well the places were just as big and shiny. Thing is, this Saturday, I saw something I have never seen before. ALL those stores had many people in them, like maybe 10 to 15 people. And there were people watching outside, and long lines in front of the doors. Did you ever see that? How can people line up for those expensive stores?



0 comments:

Post a Comment