Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

FYinSK - Jan, Feb 2014

January-February 2014


January was hectic because we prepared for the end-of-year event, the graduation ceremony, the graduation pictures, albums and so on. It was hectic but we all worked together and I liked the stress it made me feel. I have always loved the good stress of preparing a show. I was not burdened with the paperwork stress that my coworkers were experiencing because I had decided to stay. I just wanted to end it well, so I could prepare for the coming new school year (Korean school year starts in March). 
I did not need to move.

I did not need to rush things with the pension office, because I was not going back to Canada directly, so I would not get the money of the pension yet anyways. I was staying with NGLOW so I would get no stress when it came to go back to Canada for the summer or get my year-end bonus, as that was part of the agreement we took when I signed.


The graduation was great. Four of my six kids decided to stay at NGLOW for the elementary school program (as they turned 8 years old Korean age, they could not do the kindergarten program, but they joined the after school program instead, which allowed me to see them even after graduating). Five of the 8 years old in the school quit after kindergarten, but the others stayed. 

My coworker was teaching the 6 year olds that would come to my class next year, but only 4 out of the 7 decided to stay so I would have a small class, but 4 is a cool number to be honest. I prepared my class as such.


Tik Tok Tik Tok...


The principal calls me in and tells me that the kindergarten is not doing so well, the 4 and 5 years old practically all quit so the 5 and 6 years old are going to be pretty empty. And the 6 years old all quit, but one kid. One of my kid (a genius that was actually 6 years old, but was in my 7 years old class because she was already very good and learning very fast for a child who had never been abroad) decided to stay one more year in the kindie so I would have only 2 kids in the end. 


I was sad, but happy. They were two of my favourite kids in the school.


So I completely changed the layout of my classroom. I cleaned it out and I prepped my stuff for those two lovely children I would have all for myself everyday.



Tik Tok Tik Tok...

0 comments:

Post a Comment