Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

Momo eui Darag Bang

I have written about Momo's sewing school before, a beautiful handcraft haven I have grown greatly attached to. Ironically, the school will be moving to another area of Dongtan in a few weeks to join the local "culture center" of Dongtan in a much bigger room that is shared among a couple of other teachers all working in specific different fields of crafting, including sewing machine work, hand sewing, knitting, chalk and styrofoam art, ribbon art and Korean calligraphy. I was really sad to leave Dongtan for I would not be able to go to the school as I liked, but the place I know, full of last fall's memories, will be no more anyways, so I feel a bit better.


If you do live near the area, however, I strongly encourage you to go to the school. It is right on the street where the McDonald is, in the same building as the Jaws Ddeokboggi, 4th floor. Opens from 10AM to 9PM closed on Sunday and Saturdays of the 2nd and 4th week of the month. I'll try to get the exact address and see if they have a website. Otherwise, if you really need to know where it is, I can explain it clearly with pictures, just ask me in the comment space...

Last week I went crazy on going to the school, because for once, I did not work in the mornings. I only worked part-time so I went to the sewing school in the morning to finish up projects I started, and start new ones, trying to make the most of my last days in Dongtan, with no friends around, so I did not feel too bad to see no one else than my teacher everyday.


My teacher took some pictures as I was doing tome felt sewing, she thought it was a nice picture opportunity. As I had no make up, I was not so sure, but the pictures turned out quite nicely so I must give in Korean eye for nice pictures once more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment