Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

A-Class Academy

Today I followed the teacher I'll replace in February in three different groups she teaches to. There are two things I can say for sure after today: the place looks awesome, all the rooms are bright and well decorated, nothing looks cheap and everything seems brand new; and the kids are incredibly adorable. My favorite classes are what they call the Meysen groups of young kids, a name that comes from a Japanese curriculum using songs to teach English. I've seen level 20 of young 8ish years old kids, who are actually really advanced, but I found it amazing how they love learning. It might just have been because their teacher is really good at what she does, but well, at least I have got to see an awesome example <3

I like the small kids' classes better than the older ones because there is more energy and movement, but then, I was told that the older students I saw today were particularly amorph if compared to other groups. I'll be watching classes all week and should start co-teaching starting of next week. Now the challenge is that I have to learn all the songs and stories for level 1 and level 20 kyaaa >.<

This is the desk of my roommate of the moment, a sweetheart who's got
a lot of stories to tell

Doesn't that look awesome? I'll take picture of the classrooms later.

Here is the very inviting A-Class Academy hall

I just realized I hadn't had any picture of me taken since I came
here! Truth be told, I don't really like that picture because it looks
like my waist is super large T__T

0 comments:

Post a Comment