Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Day to day: Busy, but Happy

I find myself writing another entry tonight, but I doubt it will be great reading material: I am writing so that I will not fall once more in the I-stop-once-to-write-my-blog-and-then-ten-months-later-I-realize-I-haven't-written-al-all sort of trap. So here I am: every single day since I got here, I have been studying songs and stories to learn them per heart (and know each single word of stories that sometimes don't even follow any patten when it comes to "the/a" etc. yay!). I realized yesterday, that I had been silly in my observation of other teacher's classes. I had focussed on learning the songs and see how to intervene with students when they did not do as they're told - which surprisingly does not happen that much - and had forgotten that while the order of things and the way they interact with the students might be natural to the teachers, I personally haven't taken enough notice of those small and important details. 



Now I am studying both songs and stories, while trying to learn the course activities' order and make sure that everything ends up looking and feeling natural for the students. 



I tried other coffee places around Gunpo but up so far the best I have tried is Café Towb: both the coffee and the place are really nice. I went once more yesterday to study in a different environnement (and give Alyssa, who's housing me, some time for herself: while I don't think I am a bad guest, I AM taking a lot of space in her flat, and I know having time on your own always is nice) but this time I tried getting a tea. They do have a large variety of nice teas and herbal teas so even if I end up going often there, I don't think I'll be bored of the place or the beverages they have there. I tried sweet ginger tea: it came in a pretty glass teapot and they brought it in a wooden tray. I also had a sandwich, but while it was tasty, I would not get that another time, $8 is a lot for a sandwich: I will got for dessert next time, it fits more with the place, and also they look amazing. 

NESQUICK IS EVERYWHERE! They have the pink one too! <3 

Happy Psy advertising Shin Ramyeon black


0 comments:

Post a Comment