Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

강남의 고다방

First time walking around Seoul today~~

The weather was above zero for the first time since I got here so it was quite pleasant day to walk around, even though I cannot say that it was "warm" yet. The weather was still not inviting for hiking or the like, so I thought going to a museum and try a nice coffee shop could be sweet. 


I really want to go see a Teddy Bear Museum while I am here ( I know the most popular is in Jeju island, but I read in a couple places that there is also one in Seoul) so I asked A if we could try to go there. Not being familiar with the place, I left the direction taking to her but we somehow never got to have clear information on where it was and turned in circle for quite a long time, including a complete bus circuit going up Namsan (it was supposed to bring us at the Museum, but no one seemed to know which stop it was so we just ended up looking around. Result: we had a complete bus tour around Namsan for 10 cents). 


We decided to leave the Museum search for another day and try our second destination choice: CAT CAFÉ! The Cat Café was in Gangnam, right beside the exit of the subway station. It was quite easy to find but we got to wait some 30 minutes before entering (there was space to sit so it did not seem that long). 


The Café has tons of rules to follow to make sure nothing goes wrong with the cats. And they many. Like, a lot. Like, tons of them. As you enter, you change into slippers (typical in Asia) and sanitize your hands (less typical) so you don't pet the cats with hands full of whatever can be on them. You need to buy at least one drink, that will cost you 8,000won (approx. CAD$8) but that will allow you to chill out there for as long as you want. The drinks are poured in takeout format cups (I suppose that is to avoid having cat hair in them) so you don't really need to worry about them spilling. 


All in all it was really sweet, I love cats, they're such cuties.










I just realized that most of the pictures I took of cats were of
the big rounded faces and small eared ones: easy to know
what type of cat I think is the cutest  <3


This cat is a male called Honda (like the car: all of the cats there have
car company names)and has a special story: he is a TV commercial diva



Yooga nae : awesome food, cozy place





After we finally got back to Sanbon in the crowded subway, we decided that we should get a well deserved pancake from a little takeout store in front of the apartment building teachers live in. This was just amazing: the pancake sorts of have a sugar coating that makes it slightly crispy, while being tender enough to be cut in pieces with a plastic spoon/fork. I wanted the strawberry one, but I got banana-choco since they did not have them. I think it was the right choice in the end, I know know if the strawberry one would have been half as tasty as that one was. 


1 comments:

Marie-Michèle said...

Hoooo! Car café! Ça l'air tellement cute! :3

Post a Comment