Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Cat Rounds

I don't remember where I know this from - don't even remember from which language I learned it from, but I was once told about the idea of "cat rounds": just how cats wander around new places in circle, slowly increasing the size of the latter until they get acquainted with all their surroundings...

That's what I'm doing right now, at least, that's what I try to do. The fact that the weather is so cold right now does not help me go out when I finish at work (10pm : COLD) and in the morning, for now anyways, I am trying my best to keep learning the stories and songs I will be tested on this afternoon at 1:30. Meh. Not like I can do anything with my brain: I am still a bit jet-lagged so I get tired quickly at night and I never was a morning person when it comes to study. 

I initially thought bringing my cloak-like coat to Korea would suffice for the humid winter of Korea, thinking that wearing warm clothing underneath would be enough, but I was wrong. I decided to get a coat here (with actual sleeves) as well as a scarf and mittens. That should keep me going for a while I think. 


I really like the fashion here, but I realized that at least 80% of what I like here is way out of price: I found a nice coat in a store that had nice shades of green (color I don't have much so it would make a nice change) and when I looked at the price - $780; I look at small not-supposed-to-be-pricy items to hang after cellphones, I pick the only one that is $30 (the rest being between $3-$10). The coat I ended up buying is orange (!!!) and was %50 off. I got lucky, I think that color of falling out of fashion, so I got it cheaper, but I don't really care about what's in and what's out: I am more of the I-like-it-then-that's-enough type of buyer.



One of the Cafés I was introduced to is Café Towb. It has that homey feeling to it that I like very much. There actually is a second floor but I haven't gone yet. The coffee shop is right by the place I work and they have free wifi so I might end up there often to study for my classes or just chill. Their coffee is really tasty and they bring tea to you in very nice looking china. I haven't tried tea yet but it's on my list. I love to have warm drinks when it's cold outside: makes me happy. 


Oh, and the people who work there are all good looking. If I ever open a store, I want to have that: people can say what they want to delude themselves, good looking people make a place much better in so many ways.






I'll keep doing cat rounds, see if I find other interesting Cafés and keep updating when I find the time





0 comments:

Post a Comment