Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Dongtan and Dramas


 You ever saw those bums somewhere on your TV/computer screen?


Does this place tell you anything?


No?




Okay.


Still nothing?


And now?


 If you don't recognize the place, you either have (1) no imagination, because you never saw the place covered in snow, or (2) you haven't seen the Korean drama HEIRS. I suppose the answer is probably the latter.


 I learned quite late, that the Heirs had been partly filmed in Dongtan. Such a shame to know Lee Minho was actually chilling in the small city I live in, and never got a glimpse of him. I resent some of my coworkers for that, since they haven't told me and all seemed to know. 

This High School is just insane. Not only the size, but the facilities and the setup. They seem to have so much... I wish I had studied here. Maybe I can look if they need a teacher....? But I am not sure I'd be a good High School teacher. 




Dongtan is a new city, and most of the people who live around the area are rich families, so everything is kind of expensive and high class looking. Everything looks new.

It is, however, some 40 minutes away from Seoul, so it's not that busy a city, depending on the day of the week, weather and time of day. I noticed that this makes it an ideas location for drama shootings. Heirs has filmed in Dongtan International High School, another drama I haven't seen and forgot the name was filmed in a Coffee Smith right by my apartment building, and a recently popular drama "Replay 1994" (haven't watched it yet either) has used a Korean BBQ place right in front of my school.



 I can only wait to see where they will be filming next. It's kind of exciting living in Dongtan...

0 comments:

Post a Comment