Pages

Sunday 9 November 2014

Nexen in Korean Series 2014


Baseball season has been an eventful season for me this year. Spring started off well. We were first for a few months. Then May happened. Then I got into a car accident and it was the only highlight of my everyday for two full weeks at the hospital. It was also the first time I actually got to know most of our players by face. 

Being a girl, I was afraid I'd lose the innocent love of baseball itself, and the team as a whole if I started to look at the players' faces, and get biaised by good looks. That's when I realized that Gonchang Seo was actually super young (the name had me imagine him as an old man all along), and got to see that, as people said, it was true that Jeongho Kang was hot. And Taekgeun Lee too. Anyways. Got to learn things form every experience.

Summer and Fall have brought Nexen back up on tracks. And we made it to the post-season. Then at the post season, we were in it for Korean Series. At the last game I lined up with friends from the stadium to get signatures and pictures of our players. We had limited time and lots of people went in so I had planned on getting only 2 of them. Jeongho Kang, because he is an amazing player, but mostly because he will most likely be scouted by either an American team or a Japanese one before the beginning of next year. Then I wanted Taekgeun Lee. Because he's my favorite player. But in the end, while I got Jeongho Kang, we saw lines getting longer and my friend and I decided to get our homerunner star, Byungho Park's signature, that was standing right beside Jeongho Kang, as opposed to Taekgeun Lee, who was on the very end of the stadium, where, in the end we got there too late. They cut the line before we got there so I couldn't get pictures. I look like an alien on the one with Jungho Kang, but the ones with Byungho Park turned out nice.



 Now we are fighting for the first place with Samsung. It's tight. out of seven games, we played 4 and it's a tie for now. Nexen, Samsung, Samsung, Nexen. We are playing in Jamsil tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday but since it's too far from work I can't go directly. I'll just watch it on TV. Stressful beginning of week. 


After this week there'll be  big baseball break so we are having a MT outing with the baseball  crew in Asan. It'll be fun I think, can't wait.






0 comments:

Post a Comment