Pages

Friday 30 December 2011

Bedroom and Pink Xmas decorations




On December 12, and the following week I moved my bedroom in the other house, so that we could finally change the floor on the second floor of the main house. The result is really really nice, I like the warmth of cork tiles on the feet, when waking up in the morning, nothing to compare with the cheap floor we had before. Trying to make my bedroom look nice again after we got the new floor put on  probably is the only constructive thing I've been up to since I got to rest from work. I'll give you a little look, but it is constantly changing - not big big things, but still, I keep on changing little details, making it look more 'natural' and trying to fix the empty spaces. 



Notice that on this photo the bedroom is really stretched - mine is not a big bedroom - and we don't see the wall behing the head of my bed. Reason is, that it is really boring, and all beige, and well, I'll try to fix this before I show that... My bed looks quite flat because it is: since the ceiling is really low, having my Japanese style futon really helps with space management. To give you an idea on how much the picture is stretched, you might like to picture the fact that the two doors - left exterior door and right passage-onto-the-second-floor door, are actually facing each other. I don't know about having two doors facing each other in the 'Feng-Shui tradition, but I sleep quite alright in that bedroom. Head facing west instead of East, but then, if I were to turn around, I'd be right in between the two doors, plus right in front of the window (door being a window). I guess I'm not that bad with things placed this way...
The white dresser and chair are new, I got them two monthsish ago, and really love them, there is even some wallpaper-like traces inside the drawer. So pretty.

-> Sorry about the boxes and the clothes on the chair beside the right door, I'll find out a way so that it looks more neat one day....



I went to Canadian Tire the other day with my father to buy Xmas decorations - they were all on sale, so that was quite a catch :). The only things is that is took me hours to get them because the ones I wanted were sold out, and the only left were in the demo trees. This resulted in me bringing them all to a sales clerk who, in despair, had to look them up one by one in their stocks, to find the right prices. Poor lad. I'm really grateful he did though, I love them all.

Those decorations will be going in my bedroom somewhere until I move out and buy myself a Xmas tree. I mean a big one. Until then, They'll be my bedroom friends <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment