Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

Olive & Basil


Yes it is still Xmas... in my head anyhow. I realize I had not posted pictures of my bedroom Season's decorations. I realize now that the quality of the picture itself isn't this good, but I guess that will have to do.

Laziness obliges.

This is the Xmas tree I had bought for my apartment when I was still staying in Montreal. Both the tree and the cupcake decorations were bought at Urban Outfitters last year when I went shopping with Lovely Xuan Ying <3 around Xmas time. I had come to the realisation that I had had no Xmas decorations for the two years I had been living over there...Lame. Silver. Sparkles. Cupcakes. Flowers. That is my definition of a perfect Christmas Decoration tree.

I suppose many may beg to differ. Let them beg.

Notice the picture of my daddy and my baby niece on the right - perfect fit in the $1 pink frame I found at the dollar store, proof that cute stuff does NOT need to be expensive. People just need to learn to open their eyes and look a bit longer than 3 seconds when they enter in cheap stores. They are far from being nasty places where people judge you for lack of money. Why would they judge you? (trying to convince myself here <3... cuz it's true anyways, it's only rich people who judge).





I had lunch at Olive & Basil the other day with my daddy, where Fura was working. Last time I had been there was with my ex, when I did not know how much of a jerk he was :). So I had not really wanted to remember him by going again. Shame, since this place, along with where I work, are, IMO, the best restaurant in my town. 
Now that I know that the slut who's with my ex will leave him and go to Korea - let both of them suffer a bit and I'll feel a bit better with myself- I decided that I could manage to remember. 
Food was good.
I had a double expresso and marinated olives while I waited for my dad to meet me up, and then I ordered a mini pizzetta with salad whilst my dad took a pear and goat cheese salad - we both kept having huge meaty meaty dinner for the past weeks, so lunch needs to be light. ha ha. happy Xmas.




They redid the interior decoration 2 years ago (?) and the restaurant is really nice to be in.

Daddy's Salas - He did take a pear mousse for desert actually tho :3 

Happy Pizetta - proscuito, manguos, cheese, reducted balsamic (?)...


0 comments:

Post a Comment