Pages

Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas time at Bistro Jezz is quite the thing. We are closed from december 24 to january 3rd inclusively, but appart from that we had the restaurant booked from early september for the weeks before Xmas. This already meant a lot of work for all of us waiters and cooks, but an accidental death in my boss' family pretty much messed up all the plans. We had a literally crazy Xmas time at work and the last week before Xmas I worked everyday, up to 14 hours a day. So basically no life, no life. My after shift wine tasting and cheese eating were rare calm moments I enjoyed the best I could, right before crawling in bed, my body being sore everywhere, especially in the thighs. I miss belly dancing  classes that stopped for Christmas time, as they represented a great relief from work and school, plus a sweet time spent with my mom and sister...

White (Saint-Clair) and Red (Monasterio de Las Vinas Crianzas) wine

Cheese, my love. I live the middle one "Cendrillon" - Cinderella - most

The second weekend of december I made the Xmas decorations at home, and the Christmas Tree, while parents gone

Red and Gold, my own personnal Xmas Gryffindor pride XD


My house with the light decorations put up by my daddy, with Xmas snow - now we have way more tho :3


 This year my dad bought huge decorations to hang up in the big pine tree in our backyard, and it is really pretty up close. Was a hard work putting them on, but the result is stunning in real life. It might be easier to figure out the task if one pictures the fact that the tree house is already pretty high up in the tree....




Evening snack with mommy, English Tea, nuts and oranges


Bistro Jezz and Xmas decorations - Merry Xmas!!!

On the next to last day of work, we had our first -30 degrees here. After 2 minutes of walk on my way to work, I had both my lashes and hair frozen with a good layer of frost. That was quite funny, you know, me turning into the nine tail fox :)


We made the Christmas meal for all the family at my brother's place yesterday and ate tons of goodies. So much I had no place for the awesome Christmas cake my dad had brought. I am sure I'll get other occasions to eat it this winter...


I will not elaborate on how wrong this cheese covered sausage looks to me....

Cheese plate, dressed up asparaguses, sausages and dried meat, foie gras...


Smoked salmon roulés made by my sister <3


Confit de Canard in Whisky applesauce and Cranberries: bliss


My niece had trouble understanding that there is no place for hands in a poncho...

Félixe having a hard time with her cute poncho, gift from her godfather from Argentina

 Merry Xmas to you all, and the Best for the coming next year!!!! <3







0 comments:

Post a Comment