Pages

Saturday 16 March 2013

10K!

10K!!!! Thank You!

This blog finally went over the 10,000 pageviews! Yay! Thank you for reading! I feel like I should do something special for the occasion...  any clue of what could be nice? Taking any suggestion here feel free to tell me!


Adventure Teaching



There was an Adventure Teaching even last night in Gangnam - Big Rock Brewery, if I remember the name of the place correctly. There were over 50 teachers coming from all over the place who came to chill. It was really nice to see that Adventure Teaching is doing so well. I am very happy with what the organisation has done for me so far, and it's really nice to finally interact with the people I've been emailing with back and forth for the past 6 months or so.

Adventure Teaching's Super Trio
On its website, Adventure Teaching refers to "The Arrival Store", a great site you can use to buy things that are hard to find in Korea, but that you might need if you move here for a while. Most of my co-workers have used it and it is a very handy store. I think I must have had a bad karma, because I never got what I ordered (got reimbursed without any problem so no worry on that part). All the people I know that used the services of The Arrival Store have had no problem however so I still recommend it strongly. Last night, when I told them about my Arrival Store problem, I got a free beer ^3^ See?! Everything can turn out to be a good thing in the end, that is what is great about life. It always changes. You just have to see things as they are: fleeting moments that you have to enjoy little by little.

To be honest, however, I almost felt out of place, surrounded by white people all around. While I do hang out with people from work, we usually go out with other Korean people. This time, I felt like I was in some weird in-between kind of place where even the korean waiters spoke English (if you are looking for a place in Gangnam to have a chill beer and play darts and you don't speak a word of Korean, Big Rock is perfect for you). I guess I am being weird, but I suppose I'm just quite fine with being a minority when I hang out, not used to be the majority for once....


You see the TALL guy at the back? This guy was not standing on a step. And see me? I was wearing 8 inches heels...
I also was told that Dokhoon (the only Korean on the picture) never smiles in pictures, we we got a lucky smiling shot!


0 comments:

Post a Comment