Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Bad Things Can Turn Into Good Ones...

... you just have to look at them with your head upside down...



I haven't been writing much recently, I apologize. Thing haven't gone really smoothly and we had a lot happening at the academy. On the week after my birthday, we had what the academy calls the "Open House", a two-days period in which parents come watch the Meysen (young kids) classes as we teach them, as the name 'open house' suggests. I had to make sure that the classes I was teaching were all nicely 'trained' and that all the children understood and participated 100%. 

After that we had the deadlines for the decorations - at the beginning of every new season, A-Class wants each of the kindergarden teachers to make new paper decorations for the kids' classrooms. Usually, as I was told, we are given about a month to complete them, but this time, as we had to focus on the open house,  it was just crazy, we basically only had 5 days to do that, on top of our classes, and were not paid if we stayed and did overtime in order to finish them. Everyone got a little crazy around that time, and work was so stressful I mainly just went home every single day.

Oh, I was about to forget an important detail. I was mad sick that week. I had no voice (think about singing in front of all your kids' parents while you don't even have a voice to speak with, maybe?) Blowing my nose every 3 minutes, with very disgusting noise for background music as I blew it.... drinking enough honey and lemon tea to go crazy (I think that if I count the number of cups I had every day, I must have drank around 10l. of water every afternoon). So yup, super stressful week, and I still did try my best.

Then at the end of February, my boss asks to talk to me and tells me that they decided to let me go, because they did not like my accent. I was destroyed with only a few words. I have been working so hard on so many things since I got to Korea, was feeling stressed over so many other... and then everything seemed to crack and fall down right on my head. Amazing week. Yup, dear February, you know, the month of my birthday, you really have the knack to bring your lot of bad news. With a release letter from the academy, I can look for another job. I have up to April 15th to find a new employer (and contract) and I will work at the academy until April 1st (or is it March 31st? not sure exactly). So on April 1st I will have no apartment and no job. I love Gunpo so I am very sad to leave it. I have met many awesome people here and I grew very fond of the children I was teaching to. 

Still, I do not want to hold any grudge because I like to think that everything happens for a reason. I think this might as well be an opportunity to test myself once more, and try to settle things on my own. I have friends helping me out and while I sometimes feel really alone lately, I am grateful of the fact that I am not completely alone.


On another tone, I have been going out with people from work more lately, because I know I will go from seeing them everyday to see them rarely, sometimes on the weekends most probably. I am dreading the change of pace, but in a way, we human beings always tend to fall into a routine and that is not actually very good, since that makes it more difficult to try different things. I have been thrown into a very unexpected change, but I want to think it's for the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment