Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Chuseok at NGLOWKids


Chuseok is the Korean Thanks Giving and we had an early one in the third week of September, just before the official Chuseok holiday (Sept 17-18-19). It was not an official celebration because there had been changes in plans, but me and the other foreign teachers of the Hagwon decided to ask all of our kids' parents to come to school in their Hanbok and bring a traditional Korean snack for the afternoon snack time. It was a difficult day for me to move around, but it was quite fun. 


During the biggest part of the day, my kids took off most of their clothes, putting them back only for
the afternoon snack, as it was a really hot and humid day and they also had Gym on that day. The gym
teacher also came wearing traditional clothes :P
I loved hanging out in a hanbok at school and have all my little princes and princesses wear them as well. I had 2 kids who didn't wear theirs (they were keeping it clean for the visit to their grandmother the coming Thursday) but the rest all did. My class was the one with the most costumed kids (maybe thanks to the fact that I said I'd personally come to school wearing one, and had a lot of my kids with great expectations :P)





Same skirt!







0 comments:

Post a Comment