Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Suwon - The LOOOOONG Fortress Walls



A bit before my parents came to Korea, Heather's mother also came to visit. Chuseok is the longest time we get off work (also technically the worse time to visit Korea unless you are crazy on getting reservations done for all transportation and hotels, as it is the busiest time of the year...) so we had both decided that it'd be the best time to get parents to come over. 

Man I have to remember the dates.... 

On Chuseok week, Wednesday, we'd planned to visit places close to Dongtan, as we'd planned to stay around Seoul for the whole coming weekend. Thus, we chose Suwon. To be honest, I basically followed what my parents wanted to see. They had a very nice Lonely Planet (in French, the latest edition, that they had had ordered specially) that had a good amount of nice places to visit, depending of the length of your stay in Korea.


Our first stop was the Suwon Fortress, a long walk under the sun where I hadn't expected to sweat so much. The weather had been quite cool at the beginning of the month so I really had not thought that it'd get this hot. In fact, I think that in the two weeks my parents stayed in Korea, there were only 2 days that were cloudy and cool, one of which was rainy, but that day they went near the North Korean border and over there it was chilly, but not rainy, and the weather was perfect for their hiking session.


I was not wearing heels, luckily, but my flip flops were not entirely appropriate for the fortress climbing under the hot Korean sun. At least, I had though of wearing long sleeves, so I did not get sunburns. The one piece I was wearing was, however, pretty hot as the fabric was really thick. I survived. 







I don't know if you noticed, but the colour of the day was orange. Orange onepiece. Orange bag. Orange shirt. Orange T-Shirt. I am telling you, Korea has this thing with Orange. Even NGlow is orange.



Heather, her mommy, and me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment