Pages

Monday 29 August 2011

Saint-Jerôme in the Rain

My hometown is more or less 6 hours from Saint-Jerôme by car (add one hour and we have the time for Montreal/Rouyn). Yesterday with the people at my work, we left for Saint-Jérôme for a Cheese formation by a renown cheese business rep. That means we left from here at 5 a.m. and got there around 11h30, had lunch, learned cheese theory for 1 hour, tasted cheese for 3, and left back home to get back roughly at 12p.m. This day was crazy. At least I had my mind occupied on - if not happy, at least - busy thoughts, as things are not going so well for me these last 2 days.

Cheese is good. 


I am so happy these nomad people randomly found out how to make cheese while trying to find ways to bring milk along with them on their journeys. They put it in cow/goat stomach bags as they were quite waterproof, and they found out that after a couple seconds, in one of the stomach - I don't remember which one of the four - the enzymes (rennet) contaminated the milk which turned it into solid matter. That enzyme is actually still the most used to make the fresh milk 'coagulate' and turn into cheese nowadays. 

Three ingredient in cheese: Milk, rennet and salt.

So simple and though, so many flavors can come out of it. I love cheese. We tasted tons of them and I almost liked all of them. I really cannot do blue cheese though.

I did try...

Just not my cup of tea.



I went to subscribe to classes at University today. I will be taking two classes starting of tomorrow. I can't wait. I am very curious since I have not taken classes in French for so long. I already know I have a class on Thursday with my friend who is currently doing a French teaching degree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment