Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

First Day in Montreal!

I arrived pretty early in Montreal, a little before 7AM, so I found Rosemary sleeping on her couch. While I had expected to have her sleeping, finding her asleep on the couch was not in my plans: I had planned on taking a shower after the long bus ride, and then go get some more sleep on the couch, as it was where I'd be suppose to sleep. Waking up around 8H30 by the sound of my text message bell, she found me on the floor, cuddled with my bus pillow, blanket and stuffed animal. 

After both taking showers, we went to have breakfast at Ben & Florentine, and shared both sweet and salty meals <3 While the salty meal we ordered was simply wonderful - Mont-Royal Benedict eggs - as we were both really hungry, I did not even think of taking a picture of the plate before we dug in. Too bad.

Raspberry, Banana orange Smoothy

Strawberry French Toast with bananas and Nutella fillings numnum num <3
Pretty Rosemary, who put on make up as she was probably just as tired as me after the bus-ride
 We walked around looking at shops displays and buying some stuff. The epic moment number one of the day was at Holt & Renfrew, where we had wanted to get a nice coffee, that was crowded just like Xmas last minute shopping day: there was a special 2 day sale for the approaching winter season, and everyone had decided to shop like there is no tomorrow. We decided to look around and leave for another coffee place. 

The second epic moment of the day was when we went to Nespresso: a wonderful coffee place. Like, really awesome. While it was more crowded than usual, it being the weekend, we found ourselves comfortably seated at the counter benches and tried awesome Verrines and Expressos (Rosemary took something else, but I took expressos, anyways...).

My Chocolate Pistache Verrine and Expresso <3

Here is a picture of Rosemary's choice. Looks prettier than mine because of the drink XD
Rose and me, just being Italian, really...
Trying to be cute....
WTF
I like how the staff really did not mind us taking picture of both the interior design and the stuff they had to sell. I really liked the place, and everything we tried tasted great. A must go if I may say.

Display of Verrines. 

Little glimpse of the interior. 
Don't you all think the display at Ogilvy are worth walking by, even if noone really has the money to buy anything inside? I think that the displays back off the attitude the sellers have inside: I'd be proud to work in a place with such nice displays. And giant paper sculptures are cool.


At night Rosemary was taken by other things, so she did not come to eat with me, but I went out with Fura and her roommate Marylou. We originally planned on going to a Korean BBQ place - owned by Chinese people, but actually with decent price and quality of meat: plus all you can eat concept - but it was full. We met friends in fornt of the door who also had had the same plans but got turned off just like us, so we ended up going to 5000 years around Atwater station and ate all together. That was sweet <3

I was not really Hungry so I just had Bibimbap - the food you take whenever you don't know what to take.
Wherever you get it, I'tll be good all the same. I love bibimbap
Meeting up with Rosemary and a friend of hers later to have a few drinks, Fura Marylou and I went a bit to sing some K at K-Karaoke

0 comments:

Post a Comment