Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

Second Day in Montreal

I started my second day in Montreal by waking up before Rosemary - surprise surprise! Who had to stay home to do some paper for class. I went to meet up with Jess and her friends in Chinatown's Ruby Rouge, the dimsum place <3 and we ate our fill for approx $10 each including tips. I love Chinatown. The place was crowded, as would any dimsum place on the weekend, but we had a good table and were pretty lucky.



After eating we met up with Youngjin oppa ^3^ a friend that recently moved to Montreal, and that I ended up befriending through friends/facebook. He accompanied us in what must be pretty boring for a guy: girl window shopping - in my case, actual shopping (see previous blogs for images). We went to the new Chinese Mall, Chinese Grocery store and in the end, to a newly opened Bubble Tea Lounge, that I will go again, given the chance. It was really a sweet place, staff being really friendly, and bubble tea being tasty. Plus, having a sore throat from Karaoke the previous night, I took a nice congee <3 with black eggs and green onions - bliss. There is also one other important thing about this place. the toilet. I mean I have always, mostly negatively, had great memories of chinese places' toilets but this one... is amazing. I feel like describing, but I will not. Pictures will tell... enjoy!

Crossing the street, but light turning red: stuck in the middle...
Jessica in her element : Asian Grocery store
Younjin oppa shopping with us...
New Bubble tea lounge!!!! (this should be a magazine cover)
Me, doing my favorite pass-time of the weekend: iPhone charging
Congee!!! <3
Is this in a club?
Is this in a star make-up room?
No. that's three random girls taking pictures in a toilet....

Later that night I called up bunch of random people, most who had never really met before, so have a dinner/party. I did that mainly for two reasons: first, the more the merrier and not wanting to stress up much about what to do, I knew that chilling with new people could make conversations interesting. The second reason is because I knew I would not get enough time during the weekend to meet with everyone I care about so meeting up all together seemed like a wonderful idea. I was right. That evening was memorable.


Me and Marie <3 sweetheart <3
Yes I did. I ate pork tongue. I actually don't really like the texture, but I tried.
Keum-Yeo and Fred. How much do I love these two people. >////< had missed them so much!!!

Japanese food, Asian alcohol and a bunch of people together
Youngjin oppa and his huge buck of beer
Ray and his baby beer pint

If you haven't tried Imadake, around Atwater station, Montreal, this is a must go. The people working there are legit, the food is, the alcohol is, and the place is awesome, plus the price of things is not that bad. We went crazy - it being a Sunday night, with no one really in the mood, we almost *kof kof* seemed out of place. However, trying drinking games and the like in the bar did get the boss to guy us a round of sake-bombs (awesome drinks if you ask me). that was a bit after I ended up having to sing out loud my favorite song: having no clue what to sing, I just sang the shortest first song that came to my mind - オナラ体操. I won't add anything, cuz this says everything in itself. throughout the evening, youngjin oppa had to get a guy's number and Ray had to go have a shot with the owner as dares, without counting all the truth people ended up saying. I won't elaborate on them however... mind your precious ears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment