Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

Nexen Heroes Spring

Since I have my season ticket for Mokdong stadium, I spend a lot of time cheering. As soon as I finish work on the weeks we have home games, I take my bike and drive all the way there and back. I love cheering so it's part of my everyday and something I look forward to.
Last week I finally got my Nexen uniform out for the first time this season: after losing so many games, I wanted to add my part of the lucky to our team. The uniform got shot by the TV team, was fun. I really like the look of it with the hat I got from old military stores in Yongsan near the US base.


Lots of my kids know I'm a Nexen fan and some kids from other classes sometimes come and show me when they are wearing our colors. I work in Mokdong so there are lots of families who cheer for Nexen.


One of my kids, the one who's parents bought musical tickets for all the teachers of the Hagwon last month, arrived to school one day with two sign balls from Nexen. One from Nexen's homerun star ByungHo Park ( the best homerun hitter of the league ), and one from my darling JungHo Kang ( well rounded player I really like, really popular player ). I could have cried. 

Then I went to a game with my cheering team and we went to a small after game dinner and drinks and I told them about the sign balls. Taking a look at them they said they looked like fakes. They are die hard fans of Nexen, and one of the girls there is an intense fan of JungHo Kang so I was kind of sad. This really sucks, I had been soooo happy with that gift. 

Then the next day I was discussing the issue with a coworker and they told me that it'd be really weird that they would have taken the time to give me fakes. They are high ups in the Hyundai company, the kind who, at the last Olympics, asked to meet with Kim Yuna and got her to come and take a picture with them. So they were surprised that they would waste time/money for fakes. 


... so in the end... The sign ball case is still a mystery. Real or fake?


0 comments:

Post a Comment