Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

Thanks Nature Coffee - Hongdae


I went to Hongdae two weeks ago on a rainy Sunday to look for coffee shops. I asked people where I should go and as I got no answer I just got off at Hongdae station and started walking around.  That's when my friend finally answered that I should go to sangsoo station.


Darn.

It was not far on foot even without getting back in the subway but the weather was threatening to pour over my head so I just decided to stay around. I remembered that last time I went to Hongdae with Heather there were lambs walking around a certain area where they seemed to have a sheep coffee shop so I set my mind on finding it.


It was one of those weekends I felt that weird need to be with someone but not actively be with someone. You know,  when you are too lazy to make conversation but you don't want to be alone. 

That feeling can be taken care of two ways:


1) Boyfriend
Obviously.  When you are with a boyfriend and things are going well, taking each your to-to stuff out in a park or a coffee shop, you just enjoy being with each other, don't feel alone and don't need to talk. The supreme package.

That was what I needed that day. But since there's no boyfriend in the cast of my lazy days, there was the second option.

2) Best friend
I think everyone has that one friend. Or maybe they are lucky and they have two or three. Thay friend that you love dearly, that would totally come and hang out with you and just do nothing.  Sometime laugh for no reason. Making you feel like you at least have one person who understands you. That good friend.  Like family. Like a boyfriend. But none of those. Much better than those on many accounts. No pressure and peace of mind.



But I don't have those friends in Korea right now. So I just took a long afternoon at the lamb coffee shop and wrote a few blogs.


The coffee shop is in the basement but has a big open space with roof thingy over the staircase going out. There are two big parts to the coffee shop, the inside part that has lots of wooden stuff: tables bottom of walls, benches... and cute nature stuff with pictures of their lambs all over the place.



The second part is still on the same floor but outside, smelling slightly of farm, where their two lambs chill in their fenced house, in a fenced terrace.  I think they let the lambs loose in the bigger fenced area sometimes but that day was notbone of them.


They have decent tasting coffee, not the best, but great waffles. I was alone to eat the monster so I felt like I was about to explode, but it was great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment