Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

WTF Transformers...

I am pretty stubborn. I have this idea that even when you make a bad choice, you should be responsible enough to carry it through. It's not the case for everything, mind you, but still I believe that unless you are physically hurting yourself or others, you should finish what you started. Like ordering something nasty at a restaurant, you should finish it. You paid for it anyways. My ex boyfriend had this belief that if you paid for something, the money is already wasted if you don't like it, so better just throw it away or stop using it if you hate it, cuz then it'd make you lose twice: the money, and the displeasure of keeping at it. I understand the idea, but usually disagree with it. I feel like when we make bad choices, especially for food, for example, it's bad to waste it. 

Anyways. 

So a few years back, I was getting over this one guy and two friends of mine told me, well let's go see the new James Bond, to change your mind. What, afterall, can be better to stop thinking about guys, than seeing Russian bad guys getting their faces beaten off by a famous womanizer...

Well the tickets were sold out so we ended up choosing another movie. It was the most popular on the chart. If you know about when the first blond James Bond movie got out and know what the movie on top of the charts at the time was well I suppose you already saw the tragedy coming.

We went to see the first Twilight.


Bad. Really bad. Really bad bad acting... everything about that movie was bad. The camera angles, the random complete silences when people should be having a conversation, the face of the main actress. EVERY SINGLE THING about that movie was bad.

But.

Because everything was bad, it was consistent. It was funny. It did take my mind off things. And I laughed a lot. Maybe not when I should have laughed, but that's another story...

I watched the movie til the end, keeping up with my principles, but it was not hard, because as bad as the movie was, it was entertaining and it did not last long enough that it got boring.

Transformer, however, is another story. I liked the first one. It was cheesy, cliché full of bad acting, but refreshing in its whole. I liked the story, as simple as the plot was, and I liked the characters, both humans and machines. 

I think the one right now is the fourth one.

The movie was a 2 hours and half that were stolen away from me. Minutes that I will never get back. The first time I really have felt that I have been robbed of my time, way more than robbed of my money. I say 2h30 when the movie was 2h40... but that is to say how much I have put up efforts to stay in the room. 

I watched it. 

The main actress looks hot. 

And her dad has nice arms.

And... yah. That's it.

Trying to be positive about it.

It was a painful long boring puke of random action with bad acting from EVERY SINGLE ACTOR in the movie. I love action movies in general because they are stimulating even when they are ridiculously non-realistic. They take your mind off things. But Transformer sis not do that. It kept getting deeper in nonsense. There are no characters that make you feel sympathetic to their cause, the bad guys are all over the place, not credible and there is no real central plot. I liked Optimus in the first movie. But the Optimus in this one had lost all its majesty, and his charisma it was sad. It felt like watching the movie of a bad fanfic. 

And I paid 10 bucks for it.

What is sad is that I ended up leaving before the end, meaning that even with 10$ spent, I still valued the 10 minutes I saved more than the end of the movie. There was NOTHING dragging me to want to see the end. God helps me I think I like watching League of Legends better than the movie.


So here we are. Rating of the day : 2 millions rotten tomatoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment