Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Black Day - Why Not?

After rambling on so many Korean commercial celebrations, I had to at least try to go by one. I didn't give chocolate to a loved one on Feb. 14, didn't get candy on March 14, I got to April 14 and I had to eat jjajangmyeon. Not I did not dress all in black. I was told that if a foreigner were to go get black noodles on Black Day all dressed in black and be all depressed, they'd probably make the news. While I did find the idea of making the NEWS for being pathetic and alone on the official pathetic-and-alone-day, I ended up deciding to get the food only. 


They were sooooooo good. I think those were my favourite black noodles so far. The restaurant was not my discovery so I have no merit, but I did enjoy my meal, and my black day. Usually, the idea is "you are alone and everyone in Korea is in couple, so you're lame, however, you only have a single day where you can be proud of being so pathetic so show it to the world by eating black noodles alone", but I found myself breaking the rules nonetheless. I went with a guy friend from the baseball cheering crew, that I had met by coincidence the day before at Coex (the coffee expo I wrote previously - sorry, in Korean). Since he lives right around the place I work at, I asked him if there were good jjajangmyeon places around and he took me to one.

That's why I have no merit for the deliciousness of the food. The restaurant was busy as a bee, with tons of people of different age groupe, mostly older people though. There was a table of 4 girls across from our table (single? most probably, otherwise... why?).



I doubt he'll help me for the next coming up useless celebration: May 14 - Kiss Day. loll Maybe I should just buy a bag of Kiss Hershey chocolate and stuff my face into it?



À suivre.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment