Pages

Friday 25 April 2014

Gopchang Iyagi - Beef Intestines Story



Yesterday, Nexen... hmmmm.........how to be politically correct and avoid "rape" culture in this situation... was put down and made into a baseball-stadium-cleaning-rag by Samsung's ugly smurf team. A painful 14-2, of which I only watched the end. I feel lucky to have been late (I never catch the beginning of the games even if I like close, because I get off work passed 7h30 and games start at 6h30) because I only saw the soft part of the massacre: the beginning of the game was what destroyed the team. 

You know, with baseball, we generally can't tell who wins and who loses right away, because  (especially lately with Nexen's weird way of coming back strong at the end of games lately) there's always a possibility to just make some crazy home runs or the messing up of either team's pitchers. Last night though, there was just no feeling of home. They just went on with 4 runs then 5 runs in the first two innings. And we really played like blindass weird chicken with heads chopped off (going to the wrong direction and chasing the wind)... strong picture? Ask Nexen fans yesterday. Almost everyone was gone at the end of the game. 

We are still 1st of the league as of now, because the current rival team lost to Doosan badly, and Samsung is at the end of the queue...

I still jumped around all the game (maybe except the last inning and half, when I realized that it was ridiculous and almost sad to cheer at that point) and now my legs are super duper sore. I feel though, that the fans were bad. Leaving the game before is just plain mean. Real love is not love only when you are happily hanging out, it's also be there when things go bad. And they were bad. 

Whatever.

Last night I had an amazing evening. 



I went Karaoke with DM and I felt like paradise. I don't know if you go karaoke, but there's this thing, when you go, when people sing songs you love, but screw them. And you wish so dearly that they could sing it well, because they're such nice songs. Well, I got the paradise set yesterday. Every single song  he sang was just as it should have been. You know the feeling you have when people sing a difficult song, and they come to the bridge and you clench your fists, hoping they won't screw up? I did not even get to have that stress. The kind of singing I just wanted to close my eyes and listen.

I always say that when I am a very old and crazy rich lady, I'll get a vintage Steinway - white - in my huge living room, and pay a handsome young pianist to just play piano all day. CD and mp3s will always lack this quality live music has. And when you listen to live music, you usually pay for it and listen to it in an environment already set for people to listen to, and have lo actively listen to it. I've had this selfish desire to have the quality of live concert as a soothing background music, that I can listen to as I do my things, without having to actually sit and stay still, only listening. 

I did sit and only listen last night though. But it was like a private show.



We went for food after and I had wanted to eat raw beef, but we were not into buying that expensive delicacy so we went for delicious Gopchang. And what was not our surprise when they brought a small plate with sides: raw beef and raw liver. Man it was delicious. Just the right amount to melt in the mouth and make you hungrier for food as it cooked. 

It was my second time eating this kind of food, and the first time to eat beef gopchang; the first time I'd gone we ate porc one. It was just plain marvelous, and they served it with seasoned rice cake sticks that got ready just a bit before the intestines, so we just had a non-stop flow of food to eat. I love Korea.





And.... just because I feel like it was such a perfect prediction... I'll add up my daily astrological randomness.....



Aquarius Horoscope
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Right now you live for someone else's opinion, and that person is thinking all the right thoughts. Once you have the approval you so desperately seek, anything is possible for the two of you. It seems that everything in the Universe is on your side, which certainly can't hurt your chances! You get the message loud and clear that the Stars have reserved this day and night for both of you. Sit quietly together and observe as your love lights up the sky for miles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment