Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Traffic Lights


One of the first things I bought in Korea was a warm wool jacket. I hadn't thought that winter would be as windy and dreadfully humid and the warm wool/cashmere jacket I had brought with me was like a poncho, which proved to be throughly  inadequate for the place. After a year, I have only had the opportunity to wear it twice, I think, which is really a shame because it's a very nice jacket...

I bought something I didn't have: bright stunning intense colours. 

I have always loved pastel baby colours and most of the clothes I have bought in the last years was following that pattern. Coming to Korea, I got dragged to hot colours, dunno why, maybe because that represented such a strong contrast with my previous colour choice. 
In any case, I noticed that while I still love baby colours, hot pink, red, bright blue and yellow suit me so much better. Goes much better with my hair colour and skin tone. So I mostly buy stuff in those tones.

My very first acquisition in Korea was the first step. A bright orange jacket. Feels so bright it's like almost red, so here is the first of my traffic light jacket collection: Korean Spring 2013 STOP ORANGE!


When winter came again upon Korea after last fall, I realizedI needed to get a jacket with a hoodie. But I was in no rush. I did not want to spend a lot of money. The first jacket I got was a bit over $100 and as I already have a few jackets I didn't feel the need for another one. 

Until I fell in love with this little duckling, $30, yellow hoodie, with hoodie full of soft amazingness. It got me through winter, and I don't know what I'd have done without it. It was perfect for the weather, while being pretty loose so I did not need to worry about the number of layers I had under when I went out in the cold.


So here I introduce you the Korean Fall-Winter 2013-14 jacket collection: SLOW DOWN YELLOW!



I just moved to a really windy part of Korea (or maybe it's just spring. Spring in Korea is windy) and got a bicycle, so I was thinking I'd end up needing some kind of wind-breaker. It was just a thought until after a couple of very hot spring days, I chose to go out with only a thin sweater and scarf to go for work, with a pretty intense cold attacking my vocal chords pretty nastily. I wanted to go see Nexen after work and it had been windy and rainy all day. While the rain had stopped by nightfall, the weather was still pretty windy and cold - enough to kill out the remains of the beautiful cherry flowers in the trees alongside the Yangcheon river. So I resolved to do the detour of going home before going to the game, to get my winter jacket. It was not so cold, really, just REALLY windy.

Then.

In the dark, right behind the place I had parked my bike, I see it illuminating: 


SPRING SALE JACKETS! 


So I got another jacket.

It's a very light large adjustable jacket, with big pockets and a hoodie. Perfect for this spring weather, when I'll be biking by the windy river on my way to and from work, to and from baseball. It's got a really nice shape and the colour is really bright in daylight. Here we are, Korean Spring 2014 collection: GO GREEN!



0 comments:

Post a Comment