Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Buddha's Birthday



In the first weeks of May in Korea they celebrate Buddha's birthday. Since the celebration is coming up, Buddhist temples have started to pimp themselves up. There is this huge temple near my workplace in the Yangcheon area that I bike along every day of the week. It looks like some sort of Chinese style building so at first I thought it was just that, maybe some kind of Chinese Culture center in Korea. After asking though, I was told that the place is a temple, and that actually, there are a few people that my coworkers knew did temple stay there. It must be weird to do temple stay in the middle of an urban area like Mokdong. 



By night, the building looks plain gorgeous. The lanterns are shiny and colorful and there is some sort of "walkway roof" you can stroll under, that I think might only be there around this time of year. Then again, I'll have to wait until Buddhas birthday is passed to know if that was the only reason they were there.


The render of the pictures is not as nice as I hopes but at least we can see the colours. Every time I take pictures I marvel at the majesty of eyesight. We are so lucky to be able to see everything in depth and color. A picture will never be able to render the beauty of what our eyes will imprint in our memories. Eyes have the magical power to add in-depth pictures to our memories and I feel blessed everyday I get to add some beautiful pictures to my inner album ^^ 
This picture (up) was the closest to what my eyes could see that day. My favourite colour there is the blue lantern. Isn't it funny thought, how when there are many colours juxtaposed you will be able to tell with one you like best, but then, that same colour would not feel as beautiful if there had only been that one shade? It's the same with people they say. And I totally believe it.





0 comments:

Post a Comment